Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I've got over 11k on my Cabriolet, I've been 3 trips on the north shore of MN with it, I went to the dells with no CC. Its not bad, but I think its the mod I'll do when I have a few extra bucks.

·
Super Moderator
11,295 Posts
Installing cruise won't make a painful ride less painful... it doesn't change the suspension... (just kidding there..) but it does make it easier to stay within the speed limit and you don't have to constantly push the gas pedal down.Also it should help the gas mileage by not varying the speed all the time.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I have changed the plans. If you are interested in this event please see the (Official Plan) post.

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
Any plans on having a "Midwest" Rally more 'centralized'?

Not complaining, as I've heard you've done a great job with the Wisconsin Dells and I'm sure your Autumn Rally will come off just as well. I would think with a more centralized location, you might draw more smart owners and participants.

Both the Wisconsin Dells and the Rally in October are about as far north as you can get without going to Canada (LOL) and leaves out many of us that are so far away.

Just asking that you keep it in mind when planning the next "Midwest" Rally.Thanks! :)

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
For sure Panda. The problem for me is that these areas are once that I know and have seen. I would have trouble planning a rally for place I have never been too. If someone in Indiana wants to host a midwest rally ever I'd be happy to attend!

Also for this rally since the Smarts from Canada were coming I didn't want to make it an exclusive to the Minnesmarta group only. I wanted it to be an option for anyone in the area.

·
Super Moderator
11,295 Posts
Not again!!!! this started as a Minnesota group event but was opened up to our fellow smartee's in Iowa, Wisconsin, etc. I believe last year they traveled up to Duluth (?)

I don't have a problem with opening it up to anybody that cares to attend, even driving non-smart cars. The more the merrier.

·
17,372 Posts
I don't have a problem with opening it up to anybody that cares to attend, even driving non-smart cars. The more the merrier.
Ha ha, real funny...:)

Keep your socks on! I'll get it eventually, I'm not giving up! :)

Now if I do get the smart this month, the Tail of the Dragon? :D

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Any plans on having a "Midwest" Rally more 'centralized'?

Not complaining, as I've heard you've done a great job with the Wisconsin Dells and I'm sure your Autumn Rally will come off just as well. I would think with a more Actual the word Car should be after Smart. Nationals should be on separate line location, you might draw more smart owners and participants.

Both the Wisconsin Dells and the Rally in October are about as far north as you can get without going to Canada (LOL) and leaves out many of us that are so far away.

Just asking that you keep it in mind when planning the next "Midwest" Rally.Thanks! :)
I agree with Panda, if you want a Midwest ralley, have it more centralized. You'll will draw a lot more cars.

Jeff aren't you suppose to be helping us out on a bigger event?

·
Super Moderator
11,295 Posts
Neon, I was referring to my own problem just before the Wisconsin Dells rally. I almost showed up driving a 1986 GMC S15 Jimmy....I offered to paint SMART on the side.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Jeff aren't you suppose to be helping us out on a bigger event?
I thought I was...but I don't want to bring up the specifics here. And this event is just a quick afternoon of fun. Drive around and have some dinner.

Anyone else wanting to attend?

·
17,372 Posts
You're kidding, right? THIS MONTH? Wasn't LAST month 'THIS MONTH'? :rolleyes:
Sooner or later, September will pass and I'll use the same excuse...

But as I do remember, it took months for Jedi to get the finance company to accept him. All I care about is GETTING a smart, not as much as to when. (well, at least before the Nationals). :)

Neon, I was referring to my own problem just before the Wisconsin Dells rally. I almost showed up driving a 1986 GMC S15 Jimmy....I offered to paint SMART on the side.
That would've been too entertaining to see... :rofl:

21 - 34 of 34 Posts