Smart Car of America Forum banner

Midwest Autumn Smart Rally (Official Plan)

23K views 105 replies 20 participants last post by  Jill4801 
#1 · (Edited)
Midwest Autumn Smart Rally

After a lot of input and thought, and also another event coming to town, I have decided to have the Twin Cities, MN be the host for the Autumn rally.

We will be joining the Canadian Smart club from Winnipeg on Oct. 9-12 on their annual drive down to our area. Thus we can host a smart cruise around the central part of the state to see the lakes, fall foliage and even stop and see Minnehaha Falls.

The plan is to meet at 10:30am on Sat Oct. 10th at Smart Center Bloomington. They will have donuts and coffee for us to enjoy. From there we will leave by 11am. We will do our tour of the Arboretum and around Lake Minnetonka, after that we will have a late lunch.
Here is a tentative route I have planned:

from:Knox Ave S to:Arboretum Dr to:Hazeltine Blvd/MN-41 to:MN-7 to:Manitou Rd to:Lake St E to:44.934061,-93.501892 to:Williston Rd - Google Maps

Fee's
Point A: Smart Center
Point B: MN Landscape Arboretum
Non-members: $9 per person
Children (15 and Under): Free
Point C: Golden Nugget; Glen Lake, MN

In case of rain we will adjust the route accordingly to skip the Arboretum and visit other sights.

As of 10/6/09
I need to close the event as we won't have space to have lunch with any more people. Thanks for you interest in the event. If you still want to come you can, but you may need to wait for a table at the Golden Nugget

See less See more
#8 ·
One day sounds fair enough, long drive so it might be a weekend getaway in MN! :) I haven't had a vacation this year let alone any luck with a smartie getting in my garage...

P.S. Been to those falls before, great sight!

#15 · (Edited)
#22 ·
#31 ·
Autumn Rally

My wife and I would like to attend the rally on October 10th if their is room for two more. We will be driving up Friday from Kansas City. If I am reading correctly you are meeting at the Bloomington smart dealership at 10:30. We are looking forward to meeting up with fellow smart owners. We purchased ours on August 7th and are looking forward to seeing the arboretum, especially since I am the municipal arborist for our City. Looking forward to the trip, our first of any distance in the smart. Correct me if I am wrong on the meet up time. Looking forward to it, let's hope for good weather.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.