Smart Car of America Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
17,360 Posts
I am leaving around 10:00 am,picking up my friend around 10:30 in Northbrook and heading up to Milwaukee on 41 from there.
41? I like the construction riddened I-94 better. Maybe you guys could meet up at the Seven Mile Fair on Seven Mile Rd. off of I-94? It's very visible from the highway and features early warning signs!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I go up in that direction all the time.I like 41.Never liked that stretch of 94,everyone seems to be in the wrong lane and need to change lanes repeatedly:rolleyes:.I also avoid the Borman on the southside and use the Skyway when I have to East.

·
17,360 Posts
I go up in that direction all the time.I like 41.Never liked that stretch of 94,everyone seems to be in the wrong lane and need to change lanes repeatedly:rolleyes:.I also avoid the Borman on the southside and use the Skyway when I have to East.
So I'm not crazy when I thought that I saw a Ballet of cars changing lanes needlessly!

When I worked Six Flags last summer I used 41 to get to Lake Bluff's Currency Exchange. Only a 1% charge! :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Madison Area smarties Convoy hook up with Milwaukee?

Ryan from the smart center in Milwaukee is wondering if we want to meet up with them near EastTowne mall to join them for the last leg to the Dells.

I will post a time and place as soon as I get their potential ETA in Madison.

Reply if you are interested - most of us (Madison area) are only about an hour from the Dells so it probably depends on how early they will hit Madison and how early we can all bug out of work on Friday :)

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
Ryan from the smart center in Milwaukee is wondering if we want to meet up with them near EastTowne mall to join them for the last leg to the Dells.

I will post a time and place as soon as I get their potential ETA in Madison.

Reply if you are interested - most of us (Madison area) are only about an hour from the Dells so it probably depends on how early they will hit Madison and how early we can all bug out of work on Friday :)
And for those that might want to join this conjoy:) from the start this is from smart center Milwaukee
For those of you planning to attend, we are leading a smart car convoy to the rally on Friday, June 12th. The convoy will meet at our store at 1:30pm sharp .... (For those of you that would have a more convenient time meeting in Madison, please let us know and we may add a stop to make sure you don’t miss the ride!)
A 1:30 start would meen about 2:30 in Madison, But they only say meet at 1:30 so I'm not sure when they plan on leaving.
But those of you comming from the Chicago area you might look at joining up with them if you can get going that early.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Milwaukee/Madison Convoy Final Plan

Any Madison area smarts (or anyone who wants to hook up in Madison) should be at the Culver's Resturaunt at EastTowne Mall before 3:30 PM on Friday June 12th.

Culver's of Madison, WI - East Towne
4301 East Towne Blvd.
Madison, WI 53704

608-244-0808
FAX 608-244-0938

We will leave at 3:30 PM or as soon as all the Milwaukee smarts have time to make any necessary pit stops. They will be leaving Milwaukee at 2PM. We should be in the Dells by 4:30 - 4:45 with time to check in and refresh before the Meet 'n Greet.

We will be waiting for you :D Amy

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
Any Madison area smarts (or anyone who wants to hook up in Madison) should be at the Culver's Resturaunt at EastTowne Mall before 3:30 PM on Friday June 12th.

:D Amy
Any of you folks from out of town who have not had Frozen Custard before this is a good chance to try some. Well worth it.

Mmmmm:D

·
Super Moderator
11,234 Posts
It would be awesome if we could compile a video of all the convoys getting together from each direction and then end with a parade of all the cars in the Dells.

Kind of like 3 Smarts arriving and picking up a few more, then a few more etc.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Unfortunately I need to be heading up earlier than most on Friday to be there for check-in. I plan on taking off out of Iowa City, IA. around 10 am and stopping in Rochelle, IL. off I-88 and 39 for a bite to eat at Wendy's (point B) around noon if anyone wants to join up.

My Route

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm giving thought to going up through Michigan, catching the Ludington to Manitowoc Ferry, and then driving on to the Dells. Yes, it will cost more (looks like maybe $200 round trip) and be an additional four hours on the Lake, but this is supposed to be an adventure! The up side is that I won't have to worry about Chicago at all!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Sharkdog we may be in that area at that time... I plugged it into my route and we will try to stop there for lunch as well.

My Route

(A)Greenwood, IN
(B)Dog Hotel
(C)Smart Center Indianapolis
(D)Rest Area
(E)Rest Area
(F)Wendy's
(G)Indian Trail Motel-Wisconsin Dells, WI

·
Registered
358 Posts
Sounds good, the more the merrier! Any of you Eastern Iowans, Western Illini, or St. Louisans that are coming up are welcome to meet up as well. How many are planning on coming with you??

41 - 54 of 54 Posts