Smart Car of America Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Want Cruise!

I am trying to sign up for a Cruise Control installation, but can't seem to reach anyone so I'll try this blog. Can I still sign up????

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Yes, you can! When you say you can't reach anyone... I'm curious what you mean. My website (smartieparts.com) was down briefly earlier today but that's about it. Beyond that, this is really the only means of reaching someone.

Anyway, the procedure is detailed on the first page of this thread. If you need any assistance at all you can reach me by phone (or try anyway - I'm often in the shop. Leave a message please if nobody answers) at 250 452 6583. We are running out of time and I have to cut off the list in the next couple of days.

- Steven

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
We're up to 15, and down to $450! My wife says to me, "you sure you know what you're doing?" and I chuckle and reply, "nope" :D

The problem with providing an enticing progressive discount... is sometimes people are enticed! Hehe. Careful what you ask for, right?

I think this is great. Its all coming together. I'll have an announcement shortly about a terrific location we've all-but-secured as well as details regarding payment, etc.

I'm going to have to cut this off very soon because I have to prepare the paperwork for the border crossing and get everything packed. I'm going to say by 4:00pm Pacific Time today is the latest to get in on the full deal. From then up until Wednesday at 10:00pm Pacific Time you can still book an available slot for a $100 prep-install only (see an earlier post above). After that, I'll have a couple extra prep-install kits with me but you won't have a booked timeslot so it will be on a as-available basis.

- Steven

·
Super Moderator
28,438 Posts
Good news! Always happy to receive a discount. Looking forward to the notice of your secret location - can't be many in the Dells. Good luck crossing the border with all those electronic devices; "ve vil need to see your papers, bitte!" :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
4:00pm on the dot. Registration is now closed for the full deal. We're set at 15.

if you are going to the Dells and you still want a cruise deal, read a couple posts up.

Cheers.

- Steven

·
Super Moderator
11,290 Posts
I had the installation done this morning before the trip home from the rally. It worked flawless and I couldn't be happier!!! Thanks Steve for your efforts. The install looked pretty syrait forward and I most likely could have handled it myself but it is good to have a PRO do it.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Good news Jim! I need to get one of these cruise controls soon. The drive today home my Dad and I took the scenic route down 90 toward LaCrosse. THen North on 61. It was nice, but cruise would have been bliss.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
*groan*

I guess I should have driven my smart. I'd have gotten home sooner :(

I'm in Vancouver right now at a hotel. Funny thing... my flight didn't involve Vancouver!

I'm told some volcano somewhere erupted and flights had to get cancelled and that had a ripple effect that meant my flight to Seattle and then to Kelowna became a flight to Vancouver and then to nowhere :eek:

And it isn't over yet because all of tomorrow's flights to Kelowna from Vancouver are full. Yeesh.

But hey, at least they gave me a $25 voucher off of future travel on NWA/Delta! :rolleyes:

Well, they did a little more than that. I'm in a nice hotel right now on their dime and I ordered a bunch of food I'm only half eating because they're paying for that too.

So I sincerely appologize to all of you who paid the full amount in cash - I promised you I would refund your deposit payment tonight but I can't do it until I get back to the office. Whenever that may be.

- Steven

·
Super Moderator
11,290 Posts
Wow!! Hopefully you will get a flight soon. I've been stuck in the wrong place a few times when traveling and it is tough.At least they are paying forthe room and food.

·
Super Moderator
28,438 Posts
Hi Steven; what a drag. Hope you get back home soon. As said elsewhere, we really appreciate all you went through (I could hear the trains out at my motel!) to come to the Dells and what you are going through to get back home. Put 9 hours in driving back to Ohio, most of it with the CC on and it works perfectly. :cheers: :cheers:

81 - 96 of 96 Posts