Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A salesman at Bergstrom Hummer, on the Northwest side of Milwaukee, confirmed they will open their Smart Car showroom, possibly in late December and officially January 1st. The location is at a busy city freeway intersection of US Highways 45 and 41 with Good Hope Road, a few miles from a Harley Davidson plant. Hwy 41 runs through Eastern Wisconsin from South to North from Illinois to Upper Michigan, through the largest cities in the State, excepting Madison. While Bergstrom has dealerships in Madison, it is not yet known if he will sell Smart Cars there or anywhere else in the State. He is certainly in a position to do so.The new Milwaukee store is in construction now.

According to an article from the Appleton (WI) PostCrescent on March 18th, 2007, John Bergstrom and his family own 24 dealerships in Wisconsin and is the number one retail automobile seller in the State. He sells all the GM cars, including Saturn and Hummer, and is opening a string of stores selling Asian branded cars along US Hwy 41 in the Fox Valley region. ""It will kind of create a Victory Lane there (for) all the Asian brands," he said in the article. Bergstrom sold 25,000 cars in Wisconsin in 2006 for about $800 million.

The saleman made a point of saying, 'I don't get into all the foreign car stuff. I just sell Chevys."

·
Registered
85 Posts
This Milwaukee auto dealership has been known since June via an earlier post on this forum in another category. If they want to open the dealership in January they better start working harder! It looks like the skeleton of construction is up, but not much more movement for months. I can't find how to get into that area/dealership from the highway or Good Hope Road. I seem to drive around it in circles and I get very frustrated. Why is it so close to a Hummer Dealer anyway....that doesn't seem right.

I drove by the SMART dealer in Madison on my way to Middleton via the belt line. The dealership looks much more put together and complete than Milwaukee. I can't tell if it's Bergstrom. I can see the "SMART" logo already up from the highway. We'll see if Milwaukee can open in January. That would be quite a feat! I'm really looking forward to 2008 and hope I'm not too far down on the reservation list.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I drove by the SMART dealer in Madison on my way to Middleton via the belt line. The dealership looks much more put together and complete than Milwaukee. I can't tell if it's Bergstrom. I can see the "SMART" logo already up from the highway. We'll see if Milwaukee can open in January. That would be quite a feat! I'm really looking forward to 2008 and hope I'm not too far down on the reservation list.
Hey, I live close to Madison and commute every day down there for my job. Where exactly on the belt line is the SMART dealer being built? I haven't seen anything when I drive on it to work. Do you know what exit its by and if its on the East or West bound side? Anyway maybe if we both aren't too far down the list we will be some of the few people tooling around in one of these around Mad Town!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Bergstrom

I live in Green Bay and Ive configured my car. Just wondering if anyone has heard from Bergstrom lately. I was contacted by someone a while back in july for the tour, but nothing after that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
LOL! Brian7, the "Smart" logo you see in Madison is a dealership that is run by the Smart family! ) Smart Toyota, Smart Honda, etc...

There is not a regular smart dealer in Madison. I heard there is a gray market one, though. Anyone know the name of it?

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
The Bret Favre Bergstrom smart ads are now available for viewing on the video forum, look for cheeseheads.

It says available January 2008 and see their web site for info, which only has links back to smartusa.com to reserve.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Drove by Bergstrom in Milwaukee

Last Wednesday night I drove by the new Smart Bergstrom building(next to Hummer) on Good Hope and I-45. There was smoke coming out of the stacks and lights on. I think they are getting closer to being completed.

:spots

1 - 8 of 8 Posts