Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the camper that folds into a boat might be lighter in weight than a trailer with a boat on top. I believe the trailer show is not the one comes with it. I think one could use a lighter weight trailer to move it around.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
BWG. Love the camper boat concept. Thought of it often, and even backwards with a Boat, Camper design. (Easy way was to just mount an old pick up camper shell on a cheap pontoon boat.)

But good boats of a useable size to camp in will be at least 15 ft and weigh far more than any small car can handle, let alone a Smart.

For years we carried a Zodiac and a 3hp Johnson in our little Toyota camper and traveled most every river in Michigan, and up into that same Georgian Bay chain shown on the clips.

We even hauled the set up around in the trunk of a Camry for day trips. Totally unforgettable experiences. I highly recommend a Zodiac for the Smart car.

Loved the clips of the house boat. That is the one I would have if I were younger. And I would ring the bell often too. LOL A2Jack

1 - 6 of 6 Posts