Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Mini for me. Miss my old high school one. Rusted apart. Don't know about those doors, in a tight parking space.

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
I like the first one smark posted. Of course I like the T-25 better, and it's already engineered. I always thought the original was a better concept.

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
The Countryman is a B segment size car, aim to the young professionals, trendy young urban families. A lot of the photographers, were I work drive them. The console in the rear, takes up the space for a small 5 person. I do see lots of them on the road. Mini not doing bad sales wise. At over 17k units 2013, YTD. There is a market, for a premium B segment car like it is.

Sales numbers on the 2 door Paceman model are really low.

·
Registered
663 Posts
We had a friend go looking at minis a couple weeks ago. Wanted something small like a smart but with four seats. Came back disappointed as it wasn't that much smaller than his SUV. Then went to look at a VW beatle. Another nice little car that got huge. And then there's the Jetta. Super size me boys. Seems to be a trend. Wonder how big the smart will be next time around.

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
We had a friend go looking at minis a couple weeks ago. Wanted something small like a smart but with four seats. Came back disappointed as it wasn't that much smaller than his SUV. Then went to look at a VW beatle. Another nice little car that got huge. And then there's the Jetta. Super size me boys. Seems to be a trend. Wonder how big the smart will be next time around.
It's called size creep. The current civic is bigger than the original Accord! Every once in a while they have time come back and introduce a new one at the bottom, like the fit. Mini SHOULD introduce a new smaller model similar to the original, but hopefully they will not put gigantic cartoon tires in it!

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Remember how small the original Thunderbird was and then it kept getting bigger until it was a tuna boat in the 70's. They had to do a correction finally.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts