Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
17,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both are finally finished and the video is now being processed (to be posted maybe about 11pm?) but for now, photos!

As you can see, Project Black has already taken some damage (watch the video and you'll see)...

·
17,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
17,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I couldn't get the shape of those mirrors right, the chrome just wanted straight :(

·
17,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I'm a terrible painter, even with a rattle can...:(

I have enough to do a few more coats....

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Unforgivable what happened to the first RC car, it was the most detailed and nice car and now....:smilie_barf:

·
17,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm...No more paint for me...:(

In brighter news, the new one is sitting far away from anything that could damage its paint shine...

·
5,298 Posts
New plates are almost ready. need to apply the acrylic coating and will get out in the mail Tuesday or Wed.

I painted the mirrors on the other one...look close at the pics on Dropshots.

I am making a disc of all the pics and videos of Neon1 at the Dragon, too.

It actually breaks my heart to know and see what happened to the original one.

Enjoy the toys.

·
17,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I shall never touch a can of paint (after tomorrow as I have to finish mom's wicker chair in white, which ironically came out perfect in round 1 but needs more white to match the others) again...

Breaks my heart to know that I couldn't fix the problem (it doesn't look that bad in person) and could've made it worse...

Well at least it's been made into the test dummy while the other sits on the dresser and goes on the occasional driveway/sidewalk drive (because the pavement is too rough).

Hopefully the video will show its redeeming value?

·
17,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Have I made it worse? :eek:

What about the new one?

P.S. I've already fixed that mirror problem...too much chrome and it'll just not work...

·
5,298 Posts
Neon,
Considering the damage from the moving accident and your first attempts to "fix" the smart, I believe you did the best you could do with what you had and then some. Personally, I am still not over the original accident. I spent a lot of time with that little one and got to know him very well.

and I didn't see anything in this thread that said they were "worse".

The important thing is that you are happy. They are yours and not anyone elses. Let us know what kind of adventures they get into. Now, if the bird takes a crap on one, keep that one to yourself...:D

·
17,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Nobody's gettin near that new one! Not even the bird :)

I was so sad about the first one because I remembered all that car had been through :) and how it was more than just a "toy"...It was a BIG part of the Dragon!

But the new one will do just fine, I carried over the interior and am trying to improve trouble spots in the chrome (the mirrors and the grille, they don't want to flex).

Oh yeah...We won the homecoming game! :D

P.S. The new one tracks and turns better than the first...The controller also stayed intact...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts