Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Starting a new thread here to keep track of our first Meet-and-Greet. It will be easier to communicate as well as separate it out from the 'general' Minnesota Check-in thread.

It looks like June 8th, 2008 is a go! :woohoo The theme will be a 'Rally Round the Lake" (Lake Minnetonka that is) and should be loads of fun. I and jefferios will post more details as they develop - but plan now to "be there or be square."

I'll also be posting a name-our-chapter poll and thread shortly, so be ready to check that too.

- FRED "2 MUTCH"
Is it a car? Is it a mind set? It's BOTH!

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Here is the plan for the 1st meet:

This is what is planned:
1. Meet at the Shopping Center parking lot in Wayzata around 11:30 noon.
2. Leave @ 11:45am on a very scenic route along Lake Minnetonka heading toward Navarre.
3. Enter Navarre and goto a classic drive in (Minnetonka Drive In) and get some lunch. And hang out for ahwile.
4. Continue our scenic drive further south to Excelsior and park right next to the grassy lawn. There we can toss a Frisbee around, hang out and get ice cream. Maybe go swimming if you desire? :cool:

The Total Distance is around 15 miles, .375 gallons of fuel, and the total cost @ $4/gallon is $1.50 for the trip. There are very few stop lights and mostly scenic driving.

Directions coming soon, also this is planned for Sunday, June 8th. Reply if you want to join us!

So far we have 9 confirmed:

1. MinnySmart
  2. 2mutch
  3. Jefferios
  4. Chris and Thelma
  5. Soon-to-be-smart
  6. mnext02
  7. SmartMNLady
  8. Slime
  9. Dan500

*The smart Bloomington dealer may also add 1-2 cars with Jennifer and Jason possibly attending.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far we have 5 confirmed:
MinnySmart
2mutch
Jefferios
Chris and Thelma
Soon-to-be-smart
mnext02

Let's hear from all the other past Minnesota posters:

Dan500
slime
T-smart
MNMadMan
propes
jkburns
MN_Wild
MinnesotaSmart
muffinsmama
MrVvrroomm
mvukovich
jkburns
bucketboss
shocauto
Laika

The more the merrier! Anyone is welcome to join us - IN a smart or not.

- FRED "2 MUTCH"

·
Registered
517 Posts
I won't be able to make it; I have a standing appointment every Sunday at 1pm, starting next week.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Were There....

Most likely we'll just take "Blood Shot" and leave "Ground Hog" home as Jennifer likes him best and he just got the chrome kit ugrade from Joe.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Most likely we'll just take "Blood Shot" and leave "Ground Hog" home as Jennifer likes him best and he just got the chrome kit ugrade from Joe.

did you spend the $6xx for the chrome kit? did the dealer install it?
I want it, but the price seems high, for what you get.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Would like to but I`ll have out of state company , unless I can talk him in going along.
What better way to spend a (hopefully really nice) Sunday afternoon than a cruise around LkMtka? Seems like a great way to show someone around while doing something different. I've been trying to think who I want to ride along with me...

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
I'm prolly going to bring either of my parents as they are helping pay for the car. Otherwise I may bring a friend if they turn the offer down.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Chrome

did you spend the $6xx for the chrome kit? did the dealer install it?
I want it, but the price seems high, for what you get.
Dealer did the install. It looks best if you have black trim.
Just shot ya a quick e-mail.
:megaphone:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ride Along

QUOTE=MinnySmart;70592]What better way to spend a (hopefully really nice) Sunday afternoon than a cruise around LkMtka? Seems like a great way to show someone around while doing something different. I've been trying to think who I want to ride along with me...[/QUOTE]

I'm putting Jennifer in the back seat. ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for the invite. Unfortunately the 8th won't work for me (family plans that can't be changed).

I am excited about taking delivery (in about eight months) and appreciate all you current owners continuing to share your experiences with the rest of us.

Kevin

P.S. If you're headed toward Mankato, let me know.

·
Registered
344 Posts
What better way to spend a (hopefully really nice) Sunday afternoon than a cruise around LkMtka? Seems like a great way to show someone around while doing something different. I've been trying to think who I want to ride along with me...
True Minny, I e mailed him and we`re in! Hope mother nature agrees with the date!;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sorry..... but I'll be at the all GM car show at the St. Paul Fairgrounds showing my '66 Corvair Corsa Turbo Convertible for the 1st. time since a 3 yr. resto.

Dave

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry..... but I'll be at the all GM car show at the St. Paul Fairgrounds showing my '66 Corvair Corsa Turbo Convertible for the 1st. time since a 3 yr. resto.

Dave
Dave,

PICTs please! Any mid- or rear-engined car is of interest here for sure! :D

- FRED "2 MUTCH"

1 - 20 of 68 Posts