Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What facts will we get short of finding the airplane ?

Do we just remain silent and check the box in the survey labeled "No Opinion" ? Who will tell us the truth. Our government ? The Malaysian government ? LOL

We need ideas generated from all sources to solve this mystery, perhaps the greatest mystery of our lifetimes. Have all the Sherlock Holmes' of our living generation taken "the last train to the coast" ?

What was on board? A Cargo of poppy seeds for our dinner rolls, fresh out of the "Golden Triangle" ? LOL Or a load of Gold worth $200 million (weight offset by empty seats.) A2Jack

·
17,350 Posts
Apparently a pretty hefty load of Lithium batteries were on board...or so they say... :wink:

I've been following this story from the initial report last Saturday. The aviation enthusiast inside of me is also curious as to what happened.

Satellite site Tomnod crowdsourced a search operation to allow regular Internet users to search satellite images taken last Sunday to find any clues to the plane's whereabouts.

I've been using that site all week, that part of the ocean (where the original search is) is not very deep (mostly around 100-300 ft in most places), so a sunken plane should show on satellite imagery very easily. And there's nothing.

The Malaysian Prime Minister gave a speech today as to some "facts" :rolleyes: about the plane.

Apparently it was caught on Military radar around 7 hours, 31 minutes after takeoff (29 minutes before it would supposedly run out of fuel) heading toward either the Middle East or Indonesia.

Another satellite firm claims they were tracking pings from the plane, and will be analysing them to aid in the search.

Both US and Malaysian investigators are beginning to conclude that whoever was flying deliberately disabled the comms, and the Transponder, then turned the plane around...or aka either someone went rogue or the thing got hijacked. Which, wouldn't be too far fetched as both have happened in aviation history, the former very recently.

Of course, the info coming out of Malaysia doesn't seem nearly as reliable as it should, so it's all speculation for now.

At any rate, for the past week I've been consumed by the mystery of this plane.

My question is why is it so hard just to tell the facts?

·
Registered
8,971 Posts
...yep...I read the gold conspiracy over at RuNe...but finding the 777 will be the fact we need...from there we can the answers we seek....until then I have no opinion since I don't like to make $#!t up...

Jetfuel...box checked...

·
17,350 Posts
It never takes long for the conspiracy theory crowd to get wound up over these things. Nature abhors a vacuum (unless it's between people's ears...):wink:
Oh my...take a gander at most of those theories!

My favourite so far? ALIENS. :D

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Satellite site Tomnod crowdsourced a search operation to allow regular Internet users to search satellite images taken last Sunday to find any clues to the plane's whereabouts.

Of course, the info coming out of Malaysia doesn't seem nearly as reliable as it should, so it's all speculation for now.
YUP, that will be about as effective as those in depth SCoA CSI style probes when the pix of a smart accident is posted . . .

"Malaysia" and "reliable" in the same sentence - does not compute?

Until we have more than a ping from miles high in the sky - eyes and ears open and the first to admit that I have no clue? :shrug:

·
17,350 Posts
Agreed. Every theory you can throw out there can be refuted with a counterpoint.

• Crashed in ocean - No debris found.

• Mid-air disintegration/explosion - No debris found.

• Terrorism - Nobody has owned up to it yet.

• Mechanical faults - No call for help.

• Went over land - Ground radar should've caught it.

Then you have the idiotic response from Malaysian Government, who can't even keep their facts straight.

Then there's Boeing and Rolls Royce, who decline to comment on if they were receiving pings from the ACARS.

The search is becoming more infuriating than the disappearance itself!

You'd think everyone would play nice and work together, yet instead they're being so sketchy I wouldn't blame you if you said they were in on it.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
There is NO government agency regardless of country who is going to lay out ALL they know. Instead they are spoon feeding BOTH fact and fiction just to keep the 24/7 news agencies at bay.

If this was pre 24/7 news, this story wouldn't even have made the back page of your small town (15 cent) newspaper yet . . .

·
Premium Member
716 Posts

·
17,350 Posts
Man, that pilot forum is NUTS! :D

Learned some awesome stuff though.

I guess that last ping may hold the answer to all this. Although those pilots on that forum make a good point, if this plane didn't crash, it definitely wasn't an amateur job...they knew what they were doing.

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Man, that pilot forum is NUTS! :D

Learned some awesome stuff though.

I guess that last ping may hold the answer to all this. Although those pilots on that forum make a good point, if this plane didn't crash, it definitely wasn't an amateur job...they knew what they were doing.
It's looking more curious by the minute. First, the 777 has one of the very best records of any commercial airliner ever made. Were it not for the recent ineptitude of the under-trained and confused and befuddled Korean pilots, it would have still been batting 1.000 for not killing anyone. It's a workhorse, the Kyle Ripken of transports! Second, there wasn't a trace, or any indication anything was wrong; this is not the portion of the flight where there is any significant danger. The third really odd thing is that the engines (apparently we know this now) continued to ping the sats for hours after the transponder and other communications were turned off!

There is definitely some shenanigans going on here!:wow:

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
Interesting thread, and interesting case.

In my mind, there is no question. ET snatched up the aircraft, occupants included, and wisked them to a far away planet of a distant star just because they could. Pity those poor passengers and the experiments they're going to be subjected to.

On the other hand, who the hell knows at this point? Freaky story.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Poles are shifting.
The "Bermuda Triangle" has also shifted.
Expect more people to go missing from that region.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Agreed. Every theory you can throw out there can be refuted with a counterpoint.
• Terrorism - Nobody has owned up to it yet.
There is another terrorist theory that says that the terrorists weren't interested in taking glory for the attack because the real attack hasn't happened yet. An aircraft of that size could be filled with explosives and flown into some target, like a major building.

However, like all theories, it's just wild speculation...

Bob Diaz

1 - 20 of 32 Posts