Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2016 453 Prime
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what part # these round plastic clips that hold the carpet in are?
There are 4 of them behind the seats on the front side of the little engine cliff. They are black with a plastic post on them that pops onto the metal studs coming off the floor pan.

Rectangle Slope Font Drawing Auto part

·
Registered
2016 453 Prime
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those don't look the same as the 453 ones at all... I'd pull one out to take a picture but they really don't fit back in the same once they're popped out. Don't want to break another and have floppy carpet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Without having pulled any out myself, it's hard to be sure. But having had a look at them from the inside of the car, they look suspiciously like they're the same as these things.

Those particular bits are common to a bunch of different manufacturers - it's unlikely Merc would use proprietary fixings in a Smart 'cos it's just not cost effective. I only recognise them (or think I do) because they're also used to hold trim in place on the Kia I've also got.

And yeah - those legs snap off when you try to remove them. They're a one-shot deal

·
Registered
2016 453 Prime
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Without having pulled any out myself, it's hard to be sure. But having had a look at them from the inside of the car, they look suspiciously like they're the same as these things.

Those particular bits are common to a bunch of different manufacturers - it's unlikely Merc would use proprietary fixings in a Smart 'cos it's just not cost effective. I only recognise them (or think I do) because they're also used to hold trim in place on the Kia I've also got.

And yeah - those legs snap off when you try to remove them. They're a one-shot deal
I'm gunna have to suck it up and pull one off for a picture. It's not quite the same as these... The top is similar, but the post on them is cylindrical and hollow and grips the metal stud on the car's floor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ah yeah - sorry - not the fasteners you were looking for. Not seen those before.

I'm guessing you've tried searching for the text embossed on the underside. I can't quite make it out in the image - what does it say?

·
Registered
2016 453 Prime
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I smooth-brained and didn't even think to look at the numbers, I just assumed it was the code for what plastics were used.
It says 7703081127 which shows up as Renault clips on eBay, 20 of 'em for 9 bucks shipped.

Crisis averted, hopefully this thread comes in handy for others.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sweet! I'd just turned up pretty much the same thing on eBay by searching for Renault fixings.

I gotta confess to some level of self-interest - in the not too distant, I intend to pull the interior out and plaster the interior metalwork with sound deadening mat (think Killmat of Deadmat). I'm gonna need a way to pin the carpet back down again.

Did it to the 450 I used to have and it made a world of difference.

·
Registered
2016 453 Prime
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sweet! I'd just turned up pretty much the same thing on eBay by searching for Renault fixings.

I gotta confess to some level of self-interest - in the not too distant, I intend to pull the interior out and plaster the interior metalwork with sound deadening mat (think Killmat of Deadmat). I'm gonna need a way to pin the carpet back down again.

Did it to the 450 I used to have and it made a world of difference.
I bought some for the engine cover panel but also considering doing it under the carpet behind the seats where these clips go in.
The clips don't hold for beans on subsequent uses so it'll be nice to have spares.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts