Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Without having pulled any out myself, it's hard to be sure. But having had a look at them from the inside of the car, they look suspiciously like they're the same as these things.

Those particular bits are common to a bunch of different manufacturers - it's unlikely Merc would use proprietary fixings in a Smart 'cos it's just not cost effective. I only recognise them (or think I do) because they're also used to hold trim in place on the Kia I've also got.

And yeah - those legs snap off when you try to remove them. They're a one-shot deal

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ah yeah - sorry - not the fasteners you were looking for. Not seen those before.

I'm guessing you've tried searching for the text embossed on the underside. I can't quite make it out in the image - what does it say?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sweet! I'd just turned up pretty much the same thing on eBay by searching for Renault fixings.

I gotta confess to some level of self-interest - in the not too distant, I intend to pull the interior out and plaster the interior metalwork with sound deadening mat (think Killmat of Deadmat). I'm gonna need a way to pin the carpet back down again.

Did it to the 450 I used to have and it made a world of difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts