Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been without my smart since about November (?) when I hit the Deer. and now that it is almost back together, I am having severe withdrawal pains. At least the last 2 months I have been stuck at home so I don't look at the other 2 smarts at work. Luckily I have a nice long drive to and from work but it is just not the same driving a Land Rover instead of a smart. When I go to the YMCA for my water exercise class, they always ask where my little car is. I think my cars are more well known than I am. Saturday I was at my ARRL club meeting and they were asking about my little red smart. Like I said, it is close to being done (except for the paint) Hopefully this week I will get it finished up.

My Century is done and of course Brad is driving it, I get to see it occasionally but it was a mistake buying it as it sits too low to the ground and I can't get in and out with my messed up knees. Once I am in it, it does drive nice and has lots of options, probably too nice to give to the kidd, but it is a good car for hauling the grandson around in . (yes, it is late, my knees hurt from the weather I think, and I am bored) :shrug:

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,075 Posts
Jim there's nothing wrong with missing your Smart. You've have proven your love and devotion to the Smart brand because you have owned several, wrecked a few (those [email protected]$# deer), and people have picked up on it. I can imagine how you feel. I owned mine less than a year and had to disassemble it for those burned valves. I took my time and cleaned and polished and detailed as I went and then in the middle of it had my hip replaced again. So as soon as I was able to get back down those basement steps to the garage I was back at it, I too missed my Smart and it was down for several months. It was the pure uniqueness of the Fortwo that attracted me to it. I didn't give a rats a$$ that it gets 44 MPG at the time anyway, but it was the look and the feel of it. It's comfortable as heck to get in and out of for old people like me and you with our replacement parts and I like the way it feels when I drive it. So I guess missing it is a good motivator to get it finished and back on the road. The weather is about to break onto spring and we can enjoy the March winds nudging us lightly around on the road and all will be peace in paradise AGAIN. DCO

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
In 2013 I traded my then 5 yr old Passion that I bought new on a big warranty car for the road addicted wife. Got by for two years and acquired a 23K mile '08 yellow Passion. Never really knew how much I missed it. Then found a '15 with 200 miles on the clock which is now my primary vehicle. LOVE IT. The '08 is now for sale. Hope the '15 last a LONG time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts