Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 522 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, saw a pretty looking white/black Smart tonight at Jovitos, 123rd and State Line. It had a dealers plate so wonder if it was Melinda, Joe or Mandy?

Post your sightings here when you spot one :)

·
Registered
834 Posts
I have a Black White but it wasn't me. There was a white delivered within the last few days. Unless I've lost count there are only about 5 or 6 at the most

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm also white/black...but it wasn't me either! I'm getting my plates at Aristocrat this week; I'll ask Melinda for some numbers, to post here. Quantity & what colors already delivered, and loations, too. If they'll give me those. As long as I don't ask for names, I don't think any privacy would be violated. But Don's got a pretty good guess-timate going!

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
That's a good idea Anita, hopefully you'll get the info, last time I asked they told me that about 45 had been sold.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I saw two today... one was a white/silver passion @ Broadway and Southwest blvd. and the other was a triple black cabrio like mine @ 91st and Nall. Any ideas on who's those are?

·
Registered
16 Posts
No idea - but I think that there are quite a few new owners in the KC area. My husband's coworker saw a blue/black configuration on 24 highway in Independence last week... By the way - congratulations Sr Swatch. Glad to see you on the forum, and hope to see you around town.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Look for ours now. Bought an orphan yesterday - just like the one we final configured last month. We have a Blue/Black Passion Coupe. Can anybody tell me how to join the KC Group?

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Welcome to the club and congratulations on your adoption, I saw one like yours yesterday, or maybe this is your car Fun42:

·
Registered
834 Posts
Anyone??

A friend has spotted a white with black around Corinth just recently.
Are you here?

Another white with black.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Spotted Silver one on Ward Pkwy

Where are all the smarts in the city? Saw a silver one parked in front of big house on Ward Pkwy on Sunday. Never see any on the street. Have they all gone into the hinderland?

:smartje.bl.zw:

·
Registered
405 Posts
I work by the Ward Parkway Mall and I see the same two sometimes three on a regular basis in that area. I did see what I believe was a silver with a black(?) cell getting onto east bound Shawnee Mission Pkwy from south bound Metcalf just this past Saturday. Unfortunately, I was not in my smart at the time.

I feel that we should have a signal to welcome and say hi to the other smart drivers we see. I usually hit my lights with the flash to pass and wave. Any other ideas?

By the way, I am still waiting to see some of you join me at some of our local KC car cruises. People get a kick out of seeing my car and I enjoy showing it off. I will post a schedule and maybe as a group we can pick one night to all join up (as a club?).

Andy "Sr Swatch"

·
Registered
13 Posts
Saw an all black one on I 435 yesterday morning with dark windows and loud exhaust going real fast he shot by me and I could not catch him ! WOW he must have a super charger on it because he was going way over 90 mph He had a Mu license plate

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hi Andy!

Yep, I was there. I saw the black Smart, too and thought it needed a bath! There were some GREAT cars!!! One of my favorites was the Isetta 300. The owner even let me sit in it.

Wish I could post a bunch of pics (I took almost 600), but since this is a SMART forum, I guess I won't...

Anyone know of any 4th of July parades we all oughta be in?

Terry

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hi Andy!

Yep, I was there. I saw the black Smart, too and thought it needed a bath! There were some GREAT cars!!! One of my favorites was the Isetta 300. The owner even let me sit in it.

Wish I could post a bunch of pics (I took almost 600), but since this is a SMART forum, I guess I won't...

Anyone know of any 4th of July parades we all ought to be in?

Terry
I will have my car in the parade in Stilwell KS. Stilwell is in southern Johnson County by the Miami County line. The parade starts at 6:00pm and there is no need to pre-register. If you want to be entered just show up at 5:00pm and your in. Just meet at the Methodist church at 193rd and Metcalf for registration. Just take 69 south to 179th. Take a left on 179th to Metcalf. Take a right on Metcalf. Take Metcalf till you see a large tan colored church. The church will be on your left if you are traveling south on Metcalf. I know it is short notice but I never thought to mention this till Terry mentioned it. Hope to see some of you all.

Andy "Sr Swatch"

·
Registered
129 Posts
Saw a white with silver near metcalf and 151st street this afternoon! Welcome to the neighborhood whoever you are.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Where are they?

Honestly, I was wondering the same thing.. where did all the smart's go? I've had mine for 6 weeks now. Joe had told me about a month ago that they had delivered 95 cars; obviously some live out of town (Wichita, Columbia, etc). Then 2 weeks ago, Melinda told me they got in 13 that week alone. But I've driven 4,000 miles in the last 6 weeks in mine, and honestly have not seen a single one. I have a blue/black cab and drive between Grandview and Liberty everyday. I've been told of another blue/black seen in Liberty, and my mother-in-law saw a "red one" in Grandview the other day. I really expect to see more!! Where are you????

1 - 20 of 522 Posts