Smart Car of America Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
jimvw57......boy does it ever eliminate the lag, it literally jerks your head back

Jo....yes that is the one I bought

yes it is easy to install....took about 8 minutes

I had the idea of getting this and just keeping it in Performance all the time but it hunts a lot in that mode (you can decrease the sensitivity and it is not as bad but you still lose performance). The best way I can describe it is when you have your a/c on and you accelerate from a stop and the the a/c shuts off how it jerks your head back but when you have it set to H9 it will really jerk! So, I just leave it in the lowest setting (not performance). Where I have it I can change in seconds.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I must say when it is dialed up all the way in performance it is FAST from a stop! Its too bad 1st and 2nd gear is so short. Next time it rains I will see what it does in "turbo mode".

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I have had much on my plate between work and play but I got cold feet when the controller I ordered didn't seem to ship soon enough for my liking and I managed to cancel the order. I had the money in the sock drawer to get the $249.00 Go Pedal. I finally ponnied up and ordered the Go Pedal yesterday. I have little doubt that the item Robinson installed works, ultimately I just wanted a Go Pedal. I will relay my Go Pedal review when I get it.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I have had much on my plate between work and play but I got cold feet when the controller I ordered didn't seem to ship soon enough for my liking and I managed to cancel the order. I had the money in the sock drawer to get the $249.00 Go Pedal. I finally ponnied up and ordered the Go Pedal yesterday. I have little doubt that the item Robinson installed works, ultimately I just wanted a Go Pedal. I will relay my Go Pedal review when I get it.
I’m watching and waiting for feedback on the go pedal

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Scheduled delivery is Monday 4/29/2019, So I will have it for the One Lap Of America tour 5/4/2019 - 5/11/2019

Should have me all smiles in South Bend.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Ok Go Pedal and holder was Ordered from Smart Madness on 04/24/2019 Arrived on 04/29/2019.

Delivered by USPS item fit in mailbox.

First Impression was, "is that all of it" Controller smaller than a box of tic tacs attached to a fairly thick cable. a Madness neck lanyard was a nice throw in gift.

Did a throttle resetprior to install.

No instructions in box however Install went just as easy as videos showed it to be.

Watch a few move videos the and view the Smart Madness site to remember the settings

Got it, Going with Sports Plus Curve 2

First test drive reveals the little tic tac box does make a difference. But as the Smart Car needs to be "learned" how to drive, I had all my senses tuned to the sound and feel of the car, So now my "timing" is off and it will take a few trips to get back to be "one with the car". Also right now it seems to be of most benefit in automatic mode as opposed to manual paddle shifting. At speed on highway also requires very little pedal effort.

Well down for the night. Near perfect day.

·
Vendor
3,662 Posts
Hi all,

We just wanted to chime in and address some questions / concerns regarding the MADNESS GOPedal vs other pedal modules.

Some posts have expressed concerns with the price of the GOPedal vs other pedal modules found on websites like Alibaba, eBay and Amazon.

The MADNESS GOPedal is manufactured in Germany exclusively for us (MADNESS Autoworks). They have been road tested on our own vehicles for hundreds and hundreds of miles in different driving conditions, weather conditions and scenarios.

The MADNESS GOPedal is built with premium, OEM quality materials and superior hardware and software.

It is also TUV approved. A TUV certification means that the GOPedal has been thoroughly tested for safety and was found to meet or exceed the requirements of the German Equipment and Product Safety Act.

If there is ever an issue with one of our products, including the MADNESS GOPedal, we are based in the United States and have two established storefronts where we have customer service representatives ready to promptly assist.

If there is a warranty that needs to be done or shipping to us for diagnostic, you are shipping to a US based company which means:

1. We cover shipping costs back to us if a product is malfunctioning so there is no extra costs to you vs having to ship something out of country
2. It will be much quicker to ship, diagnose and / or replace the product back to you vs waiting for a company overseas to ship the item back to you (if they even cover it)

We back our GOPedal up with a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee and offer a 2-Year Warranty on our product. In the unlikely event of fault, simply reach out to us and if a fault is found with the GOPedal a replacement will be sent to you.

At a sub $100 price, there is a very high chance of there being a lot of corners being cut when manufacturing other pedal modules.

The last thing we want is a fellow smart enthusiast's throttle pedal to spaz out on the highway and either lose the accelerator pedal completely or have it stuck in full throttle and get in an accident on the highway which is a much more likely scenario with some of these Chinese pedals.

There is a greater risk of failure when using lower grade materials, hardware and software. We urge our fellow smart car owners if they sense anything strange happening with the throttle pedal on your smart with one of these other pedal modules to uninstall it right away.

Saving a couple bucks is not worth the risk of a fatal accident.

To give an example that may help, there are many laptops out there that have the same functionality, they all have a screen, keyboard and mouse but a $300 laptop will not perform and run like a $1000 laptop.

The internals can be completely different and most of the time the differences are quite apparent and over time the functionality degrades much quicker on a more budget friendly laptop.

We hope this clears up some concerns regarding the price of the GOPedal!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Cleared up nothing....... lol ...... just kidding.

so I am a couple of days in with the go pedal now and have stayed with Sports plus Curve 2. back and forth to work shows better mpg 34 vs 30. Cursing at high way speed takes such little pedal input. Right now anytime car is already rolling pedal input is instant. From a stopped position I am still not as smooth as I should be, so I will play with settings and get my ankle in sysnc with engine soon. Well, One Lap Of America road trip begins tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
20 Days in to my Go Pedal ownership.

Received as promised.
Installed easy (less than ten minutes)
Pedal feel/throttle response appears effected. So my mind feels it works as promoted.

I cannot be definitive about the settings (I could not say what settings feel which way) I just know the setting that I like is Sport Plus (or green light on)
Curve 2 (two green + lights on). I can describe my liking this setting by comparing it to how I like my seat position or mirror placement, when I get it right I know it. Sport Plus Curve 2 is right for me.

Car feels great and a joy to drive. over 5,500 miles have been driven in this car with the Go Pedal installed in these 20 days.

That I was blessed to be able to pay the price of the Go Pedal is not over looked.
And Since I have not used any other type of throttle signal device this is not a comparison to any others. I am Happy with the Go Pedal I purchased.

My Ankle has to pivot less before the throttle responds and that feels feel better and faster. Eyes see opening, mind says go, brain moves ankle, ankle flexes, car moves out. Prior to Go Pedal ankle would flex, car would ask "you mean now", ("YES NOW"), "alright here we go". "TOO LATE FOR GET IT", "ok". lol.

Gas millage is a result of my driving style and habits and are unchanged 29 to 37 city. 39 to 42 highway. The car can get better gas millage I just don't drive it that way. I love the Paddle shifting, NYC street speed limit of 25 miles per hour I can leave the car in 3rd gear and be the zippiest car in town. 50 mph Highway is 4th gear chomping at the bit. To Put In D and just meander at the speed limit with windows up and radio on ignoring all the horn blowing and finger waving from the vicious drivers you're in the way of ........ naaaaahhhhhhhh ...lol.

10 days to go but my Go Pedal Is a keeper.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hey guys new to the car and forum. I read this whole thread but don't think I fully grasp what the goat of these products is.
Is it only for electric models?
Where can I find more info on the gopedal and competitors?
Thanks for any help, Joe.

·
Registered
383 Posts
It's for the ice models. Reshape your throttle. You press less the go pedal and it makes you go faster by telling your car you're pressing more. Doesn't make your car faster in any way. Kind of like sport mode in modem cars. Just charges the throttle response.
Hey guys new to the car and forum. I read this whole thread but don't think I fully grasp what the goat of these products is.
Is it only for electric models?
Where can I find more info on the gopedal and competitors?
Thanks for any help, Joe.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ah OK so I am a kinda old school motorcycle mechanic so it like putting on a quick turn throttle which opens the butterflies more for any turn of the grip.

So is this for the electric smarties? I am not familiar with the ice label.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Ah OK so I am a kinda old school motorcycle mechanic so it like putting on a quick turn throttle which opens the butterflies more for any turn of the grip.

So is this for the electric smarties? I am not familiar with the ice label.

It’s actually for both Electric and ICE (Internal Combustion Engine aka gas) smarts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
6 months ago I ordered The Go Pedal from Smart Madness. Once installed I have only driven the car with out it no one short trip in all the thousands of miles I've driven. I have over 10 thousand miles driven with the go pedal.
It is my opinion that the go pedal has enhanced my driving enjoyment in my Smart. It is not a placebo. Until today I would have describe it as making the gas pedal more responsive. So sitting at a stop light when you step on the gas lag is reduced and car moves out. The gas pedal is there when ever you step on it. I was totally happy with that explanation. But even happier with the feel of driving the car with the go pedal.

Now, my chosen setting had been Sport Plus with Curve +2. In traffic I felt the gas pedal was too responsive I never would change the setting I would instead lift the E brake one click to disable creep mode. This helped however there is a pronounced thump when lifting of the brake pedal in stop and go traffic. It was just something to live with,

Then I added a Ram Air side scoop and a KnN filter. with the car breathing in more air I decide to turn off the Go Pedal do a throttle reset and transmission relearn. With that done and Go Pedal back on with my Sport plus with Curve +2 setting, I could hear the exhaust more and felt that if this was my old 77 Nova I would turn down the Idle ( something about the tone was rushed). Hmmmmm maybe ....... and I started tinker with the Go pedal settings., Well what do you know. Its effecting the Speed of the clutch release. Set at Sport Plus, the clutch is fully released as soon as I lift off the brake pedal the car moves forward. My new setting of ECO with Curve +2 when lifting of the brake the car eases in to creep mode, You feel the clutch disengaging. In traffic car is happy and content just easing along no thumps bumps or jerks. Now the instant gas pedal is now softer ant that is because it is waiting for the clutch to fully disengage. So I suspect the Go Pedal is effecting clutch speed somehow. So my new city streets and traffic setting is ECO with Curve +2 and highway runs will be at Sport Plus with Curve +2
Nice Nice Nice The Way To GO Pedal.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I’ll have to play with the gopedal more , I’m set on sport with plus 2 . I may turn down to eco plus 2 next . Thanks TW .

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
My Smart appears happier in Eco with curve2 as opposed to Sport plus with curve2.
It appears to be about how the clutch reacts to the throttle pedal. I equate it back to the old days turning up the idle needle on the carburetor making the car shift hard from park to drive or reverse on an automatic trans. The second part is the it senses my lifts more when I want to cause a shift opportunity. All is smooth and happy roading

21 - 40 of 40 Posts