Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
I kind of optioned up my '13 Passion with as much OEM options easily added. I had the surround sound, navigation, gauge pods, heated seats, auto lights and wipers, DRL, 3 spoke rims, and arm rest and added the all weather mats, the ashtray, and the cargo cover.

I plan on adding an intake, maybe an exhaust if I can talk my better half into permission, and I want to tint out my 3rd brake light since it looks out of place in the black surround.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,075 Posts
Guage pods, heated seats, lots of led lights,aftermarket sound system. Painted front calipers gold and rear drums red. Changed my solid roof to Panoramic. Air horns, DRL's and fog lamps. Armrest, custom front license plate, rear glass lift handle, homemade cargo cover, smart logo valve caps,mirror logos and windshield wiper logos......better stop there......the wife might be reading this !! DCO (ebay is your friend for ideas, just search for Smart Fortwo and it'll be Heaven)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I added Team Dynamics wheels along with Yokohama S Drive tires. Love the look and handling.
Also up front is a bull bar to help prevent damage from flying tire carcasses which are all over the Phoenix highways.

A new Pioneer DA-120 stereo along with amber LED ambient lighting for the footwells.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I added Team Dynamics wheels along with Yokohama S Drive tires. Love the look and handling.
Also up front is a bull bar to help prevent damage from flying tire carcasses which are all over the Phoenix highways.

A new Pioneer DA-120 stereo along with amber LED ambient lighting for the footwells.

Any more details or pics? love what you've done

·
Registered
42 Posts

I currently have the brabus lights with led bulbs, 450 concave rear wheels on all 4 corners which was sweet cause on the front made it look lowered without lowering it. Got rear lowering springs but not installed yet waiting for spring. Built a turbo kit that's also going on in spring. Swapped deck with a double din cause factory just wasn't doing it then added 10 inch sub in custom box. Pretty simple but looks how I want it to. Also running cold air intake with the side vent scoop with area 51 cruise control. And lastly the fuse 11 mod on a push button

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Planned mods for my 2012 Smart Fortwo Pure. Mods would happen as I get money:
-Upgrade all lights to high performance LED lights and also change light color enough that I get more brightness and distance and reduce load on battery
-install a oil cooler so the engine runs at a lower temp(I want my engine to last to 200k-300k miles)
-replace reg shocks and suspension to high performance shocks and suspension system instead.
-change tire rims to something more sporty while giving me a slight acceration and mpg boost
-upgrade tires to "continental" tires(tires will last the entire life of the car)
-Change paint color to "TARDIS blue" color
-install tachometer and clock as well as a volt meter,temp gadge and oil pressure gadge(I want to know if my engine is ok and if something goes wrong I can see it happen)
-upgrade exaust so it makes even less noise and not sound like the car is farting down the road eather.
-install underdash lights so there are lights underneath where my feet go
-redo how the colors are for the speedometer instead of a complete orange. The speedometer will have different colors based on the speed like 95-100mph would have a red color and a 40mph would have a green slit color(where I get max mpg) 55 would be blue 70 would be purple
-install a bike rack so I can carry my bike around
-upgrade the engine "shocks" if possible so the car wont shake when engine runs at low rpms(which I try to do as much as possible to save the engine)
-see if possible to install a "engine fan" so the heat can be blown off the engine

I got a lot of stuff to do still but ill get to it when it happens

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
quite a list! I don't think you will get a set of tires that will last the life of the car, they just don't make them in that size. as for the rims, get the same width for the front and back (15x6 is a good size) then you can go with the same size tires front and rear, and be able to rotate them.
Shocks and suspension isn't cheap but it is out there, Smart Madness has most f what you are looking for. I would go with a Scangauge II or an Ultragauge that plugs into the OBDII port and gives you all the information you want much simpler than gauges to install.

Good luck and have fun modifying!!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Just a few mods done this weekend.

I removed the "baffle Box" and installed the Silicone intake tube from SmartMadness. I can NOW SEE the ground through the engine compartment.
This means 5 minute air filter changes.
I can't believe the size of that Baffle Box. I'm sure there is a reason it was engineered into the car, maybe as a particle and somewhat water trap. Seems like it was over designed for just silencing the throttle body.

Also from SmartMadness is the bolt to the seat frame flip-up armrest. All steel frame, nice and long so both my wife and I can use it. We can move it up out of the way when we need to.

Added a Cargo Cover. Being a convertible I wanted to cover what I have in the back when the top is down. Also the passenger and driver nets give more storage for small items. $68 free shipping on the internet.

Lastly OBDII reader sold by BAFX Products of Milwaukee, WI
It was just over $20 (I know there are cheaper ones) but this one comes with a 2 Year warranty and if you have any problems you are dealing with people right here in the U.S.
Torque Pro APP was only $4.95 for the phone.
I now have some gages now.

Waiting for my carbon fiber air scoop to be shipped.
I'm planning on changing out the front tires to the larger rear size. So I will have two 9 spoke front rims and tires for sale in the near future.
Wanted Two 9 spoke rear rims for 2009 smart.

Attachments

·
Registered
900 Posts
Thank You
Those net pockets are a nice plus to the cargo cover / rear separator. Even through I use a GPS, I verify with a map or road atlas and those pockets become a very handy place to store them out of the way.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts