Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sunnyokanagan, I like your wheels, as well, and there is no reason someone can't have both looks, maybe change every few weeks! Anyway, last week I ordered a set of moons, even though I haven't received my Smart Car! That mean I have wheels covers, a radio and no car.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Had a full set on my car, unitl i lost two of them after doing some things to what i thought made them stay put. Oh well, never again on those things. I at least have the other two for decor

I got a set. I didn't like how they fit, kinda loose, but is there a trick to putting them on?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Moon hubcaps

The stainless steel full moon Racing Disc hubcaps available from many ebay sellers mount on the Pure steel wheels just fine with a little modification too.

The moon hubcap retainer tabs fall into a channel in the wheel which lets the caps creak and flop around. I lost two before I figured out that you have to bend the 90-degree-angle of the retainer tab outward AND down to about 60 degrees. I made a template of the inside profile of the original hubcap and used that to guide how far to bend the tabs out and down.

I should have read this thread first and I wouldn't have lost two figuring it out...

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I was able to get the lost ones separately for my pure, and needless to say, they are a true hit among my Smart pals. I do love them.

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
You get the dual tipped without cutting or loss of hitch ability

Now that a Modern Version of the Moons, any Idea where those came from^^^

For a retro Version you can go here

PT Woody SMARTCAR CHROME WHEEL WELL TRIM Page and ask where they got them, They are only advertising the crome trim
On another forum he said they are "fitted" I believe. He left it kind of open to interpretation and almost cryptic. :eek:

21 - 40 of 45 Posts