Smart Car of America Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Any interest in a baby moon kit?

We could put together a kit to mount a old style Baby Moon, just covering the center of the steel wheels. Similar to these
http://campadk.com/pjsnoozer/portfolio/babychromehubcaps.jpg

Our working price would be $75 a set, and would include a returnable drilling guide needed to install three provided self tapping screws needed to retain the hubcap (would be part of the wheel, and the hub cap would pop on, and be retained by them. Hub cap then just pried off to change wheel, much as is done with the current hub cap.)

We'd need a handful of people indicating interest to make it worthwhile for us to order an initial run of the proper size baby moon hub caps.

Please send a PM or email to [email protected].

Cheers, Bob

·
Registered
1 Posts
Moon hubcaps

The stainless steel full moon Racing Disc hubcaps available from many ebay sellers mount on the Pure steel wheels just fine with a little modification too.

The moon hubcap retainer tabs fall into a channel in the wheel which lets the caps creak and flop around. I lost two before I figured out that you have to bend the 90-degree-angle of the retainer tab outward AND down to about 60 degrees. I made a template of the inside profile of the original hubcap and used that to guide how far to bend the tabs out and down.

I should have read this thread first and I wouldn't have lost two figuring it out...
Do you still have a picture of the tabs? I bought some & they are loose. I tried reading your guides but I guess I am not doing it right. The hubcaps are still loose. Thanks.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts