1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Ordering is an active word, as smart is using an unusual build-to-order model, rather than stocking showrooms with ready-to-go versions of the fortwo. That's a key part of the strategy, emphasized Schembri, even though he acknowledged that could negatively impact sales. American motorists are especially impulse-driven compared to buyers in many other parts of the world, and are far more likely than not to want a car they can take home immediately. But the smart model will require a typical wait of 45 days for buyers on the east coast, and 60 days out west.
We have seen that impulse behievor on the boards. One "buyer" went to the road show with checkbook in hand. After waiting for a couple of months all ready gave up and is taking her charge card to buy a Honda Fit.

I suspect that the 45/60 order period will be after we get through the initial order book fulfillment.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
One "buyer" went to the road show with checkbook in hand. After waiting for a couple of months all ready gave up and is taking her charge card to buy a Honda Fit.
That's ok. It puts me one car closer to mine. hehehe :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm willing to wait, although I want to make sure it is worth it. I hope cars will be made available for test driving. The tour came and went before I learned of it, so I'm holding out to see test cars at my nearest confirmed dealership next month.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Yepper, they'll be coming in weeks now. Also, As our early reservers get their's we'll be getting first hand info out the wah-zoo here. I can't wait. :D

·
Registered
204 Posts
This is checkbook in hand and your blogs prove what I have been saying....a lot of inaccurate information out there...shame on you. Have owned everything from Nash Rambler to Buick (9 mi/gal) to Corvette to Landrover. Older is wiser coyboys and shopping is shopping. By the way, deposit was made long before demo. It's just possible it might not be a "smart" move but I think they're going to give a lot of folks a good laugh...the more you laugh, the longer you live.

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
We have seen that impulse behievor on the boards. One "buyer" went to the road show with checkbook in hand. After waiting for a couple of months all ready gave up and is taking her charge card to buy a Honda Fit.

I suspect that the 45/60 order period will be after we get through the initial order book fulfillment.

yeah, I think they are dreaming...even after the order process is caught up!

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Let them hold the $99.

Sharonlee.

you ae going to be about a year out + - getting a smart. So why not just hang in and see what happens.

In the mean time, buy that fit. It looks like a fun car too. :)

Do the drill when they call (in july + -) for confirmation, and order the car. If you don't want it then ,Pass, or buy it and sell it, or give it to a friend.

We here in Michigan hope to see a lot of Smarts running around our area. Perhaps the big 3 will get the message... before we have to turn out the lights.

A2jack.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
This is checkbook in hand and your blogs prove what I have been saying....a lot of inaccurate information out there...shame on you. Have owned everything from Nash Rambler to Buick (9 mi/gal) to Corvette to Landrover. Older is wiser coyboys and shopping is shopping. By the way, deposit was made long before demo. It's just possible it might not be a "smart" move but I think they're going to give a lot of folks a good laugh...the more you laugh, the longer you live.
I'm not a stupid man but I really don't know what any of this means.

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
I'm not a stupid man but I really don't know what any of this means.
Men generally aren't stupid, they're idiots. If you don't believe, me just ask their wives. No woman would ever admit to marrying a stupid man.

I've been crowned the King of Idiots.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Sharonlee,
I'm a Michander too, and a "early adopter" like "Ann Arbor Jack". I first drove a smart owned by a very nice Canadian fellow named Glenn who PM'd me to meet him for a test drive. Once I get my smartie I would like to "pay it forward" and introduce others to the joys of smart ownership. I would be pleased to meet you and a guest anywhere you choose (instead of having to drive all the way to Bloomfield) and let you drive my smartie to your heart's content. Should only be a few months now!

Regards,
sisyphus

1 - 12 of 12 Posts