Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
From smartusainsider.com:

Insiders,

Today marks the launch of our National Marketing Campaign, giving smart a new face and brand direction!

This comprehensive campaign spans all marketing channels – focused on creating our brand image and elevating awareness of both the brand and the vehicle.

Television
We are thrilled to announce that the first ever national smart TV commercial hit the airwaves this morning on shows such as Good Morning America and the Today Show. This commercial, titled ‘unbig’, will continue to run for the next two weeks on Network Television to generate broad reaching exposure for our launch.

Network highlights include:
>> Presence on all four major networks for the Fall Season Premiers. Look for smart on such shows as Dancing with the Stars, Grey’s Anatomy, NCIS LA, Parks and Recreation, Blue Bloods, and many
more.
>> Two weeks on early and late night television – the smart commercial will be seen on The Early Show and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, along with other favorites.
>> Jimmy Kimmel will feature smart with a custom live commercial during his show tonight!

Network television will then be followed-up with National Cable and Spot TV for the remainder of 2011. A total of 19 networks will be showing our smart commercial, from the broad (TNT, Bravo, USA) to
the niche (Planet Green, Logo, IFC) cable network channels.

Digital
Going further inside, the digital media campaign will begin the week of September 26th with banner ads and homepage takeovers.

Social Media & Website
Be sure to check out smart on Facebook (facebook.com/smartusa), Twitter (twitter.com/#!/smartcarusa) and YouTube (youtube.com/smartusafortwo). Facebook and Twitter now have a new look and feel to match our marketing campaign. You’ll also be able to view the smart commercial on both our Facebook and YouTube channels!

Lastly, I invite you to visit the all-new face of smartusa.com. Our homepage has a completely new look that includes mobile and tablet platforms (iOS and Android) to further reinforce the smart brand experience.

We’re truly excited about this new face and direction for smart – and we look forward to sharing in this excitement with you!

smartfully yours,
smart Marketing & Brand Management

Daimler Vehicle Innovations, LLC
:)

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
Love they have a commercial - hate the "uncar". Still it is better than nothing and it WILL help sell cars regardless. I guess the uncar is supposed to be a reverse psychology thing. :rolleyes:

·
17,384 Posts
I miss when everyone somewhat personally knew those in charge...

Reactions: jwight
643 Posts
Love they have a commercial - hate the "uncar". Still it is better than nothing and it WILL help sell cars regardless. I guess the uncar is supposed to be a reverse psychology thing. :rolleyes:
Loving the new campaigns. My only prediction is that the 'haters' will come up with the 'unsmart' jokes, but I'll go ahead and prepare for them so I won't be surprised.

-Kamaal

·
17,384 Posts
The fortwo is already "the dumb car" so "uncar" only adds more troll fuel...

The ads are kinda fail...but it's a great leap from Against Dumb! :rofl:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts