Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
SS Please see if they have a car with leather seats. If so are they all leather with no cloth or do they have a cloth insert
I went looking for leather as well at the smart house today, no luck. i did see a leather seat on the road show, and it did have the cloth inset on the seat back.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
More pics from the smart house Venice 11/18/2007

More folks dropping by. Test drives are available, the cut away Tridon is from a 450 so its smaller than the 451. All cars are Euro versions. They say dealers open up January 1, the house closes Jan. 31.

Link to album:
http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g298/spdickey/

Also got a copy of "smartism" (in English) a great coffee table book with lots of pictures. You can get a German copy from Amazon.de:

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3613028271/addall

·
Registered
798 Posts
Just got home from L.A.; the Smart House was a lot of fun and my second test drive was better than the first (isn't that always the way?). To answer the mystery question about sitting on the tailgate, the area near the latch, when the gate is down, is stamped/rated 220# max.

During my test drive I had the opportunity to floor it and I learned an interesting trick--the guy told me to hit the peddle hard, and when I thought I had it to the floor he said there would be another "click" and there was. As soon as I pressed past what I thought was the floor I felt under my foot a discernible click or button and the smart down shifted and flew forward! It was really cool! I am not at all concerned about getting on the freeway or passing.

I got the same Smartism book as spdickey and a little scale model cabrio, a keychain, and the highly coveted smart water, too.

The "hockey puck" behind the mirror is indeed the rain sensor. The mesh cover for the Passion roof was a dense but flexible black fabric that slides manually back and forth. It can be set half-way or wherever on the track to give partial sun/views or however much the driver desires.

I will post a link to photos later--must sleep now :)

·
Banned
64 Posts
Commonly referred to as the kick down switch. Most MB cars have this. My SLK has one. It commands a 2 gear drop rather then the accelerator only commanded 1 gear drop.

Aaron Lephart

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
2 Gears down?

Alephart.

I don't want to discuss this on the Smart house thread, but this kick down ,and the unexpected long hesitation is what put both my wife, and I, in deep do-do on fast merges during our separate test drives.

We are high time LA drivers.

We hope the USA trans has been debuged.

A2jack

21 - 30 of 30 Posts