Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
17,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this list quite surprising...especially the fact that we aren't on it!

And of course, the list is unreliable from the start. These are just really the cars the author hates...

The conventional wisdom these days is that there are no bad new cars. You can't buy anything that doesn't start reliably, drive competently, brake safely, and look respectable. For just a few dollars more, you get an array of electronic helpers ranging from navigation devices to stability controls that used to be the exclusive province of premium brands. And even the flimsiest models have reliability records that as recently as a decade ago would be viewed as exemplary.

Still, some automakers have a clearer vision than others, and some models are better engineered to fulfill their stated purpose. Those that aren't languish unloved on dealers' lots, badly designed, badly timed, or badly priced.

In compiling this list of 2013's most disliked cars, I have been guided by critiques from professional evaluators, reviews by automotive journalists, and sales data compiled by Automotive News, as well as my own driving impressions and industry reporting. I have avoided piling on distressed brands like Mitsubishi and discontinued ones like Suzuki and obsolete models that are already out of production. I have also tried to avoid traditional whipping boys like the Smart fortwo. But, of necessity, my list is highly subjective.
Gotta admit though, in that paint and in that setting, the iQ looks pretty cool. :cool:

Most disliked cars of 2013 - FORTUNE

·
Registered
22 Posts
How could any guy not a like a smart Brabus at least? I mean damn. You just got bad taste if you don't like a smart.

A cool looking safe street legal mini go kart made by Mercedes... whats not to like?

·
17,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's about the best looking IQ I have seen. Factory or aftermarket?
That's the iQ EV. Very few of those cars are in existence...with a 50 mile range and Chevy Volt price I can see why nobody wanted one. :D

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
I saw a new blue VESA on the highway. Much nicer then the old one. I always liked the Toyota FJ, and the Mini Paceman too.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts