Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anyone knew how to change the the rear two motor mounts i can find stuff for the forweard one all day long nothing on the other ones

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
They aren't all that bad. I replaced all 3 in my smart several years ago. The hardest part of the rear two is getting the air filter box out so you can get the the one over the transmission. Once that is out, simply jack up that side of the motor to take the weight off of it, and remove the three bolts holding the mount assembly to the trans, and the two on the body, and pull it out. Replace in reverse order.
You do need a set of e-torx sockets, because virtually the entire car is assembled with those...

Rock Auto sells new mounts if you need them.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 smart Fortwo Passion Coupe
44 Posts
Rock Auto lists the Front Mount as a "Torque Strut Mount" and the other two as just "Motor Mounts" in the "Engine" Category.

I've only changed the front motor mount, but that required a Torx E18 socket. Cheapest E18 socket near me was Harbor Freight's Torx E Socket kit but it's definitely possible to get it cheaper if you want to wait for shipping. I actually flipped one of the bolts so I could get to it easier for the reinstall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts