Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a used wind up key silver painted with electric motor.. original cost about $259.. will sell $185 shipped anywhere in the lower 50 states.. I registered here just too sell this... if anyone feels more comfortable i can list on ebay and split the fees ($196). My ebay seller name is erasmo1 if you want to see my history. Thanks

·
17,351 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
People actually pay money for that? Jeez, it's hard enough for non Smart owners to take this car seriously, now you strap a fake key on the back? Why not the fake eyebrows on the front to complete the look.

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
People actually pay money for that? Jeez, it's hard enough for non Smart owners to take this car seriously, now you strap a fake key on the back? Why not the fake eyebrows on the front to complete the look.
So, if people don't take the car seriously, why not go along with the gag, laugh with them. :)

A number of SCoA members have, or have had, this type of thing on their cars. Ease up a bit.

I have "Actual Size" decals on my car. They're more in my price range, heh.

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,049 Posts
You can get plastic ones made in China that just glue on and do not rotate with a motor for $40

Cute Car 3D Sticker Wind Up Rolling Key Turn Key Eva Angel Wings for Mini Smart | eBay

I thought about getting one at one time, but knowing people around Parkersburg, someone would probably twist it off and break it only to leave it laying in the parking lot on me. Some people can't resist the temptation to mess with someone elses property. But I still think it's a great idea.

·
17,351 Posts
People still do vandalize the car, regardless if it's stock or not?

I do hope that the extra track width and weight of the 453 will make it super hard to "turn over".

I think the motorized keys are super adorable. I wouldn't get one myself, but it definitely adds to the character of these cars.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
It's bad enough when I held a license tag in my hand which showed CLOWNS:laughing:. That was a brief moment to have as a front plate however.

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
A Plymouth/Dodge Horizon/Omni is probably easier than any smart. And yet, I never heard of anyone tipping them. I was involved in lifting the rear end off the ground though. It weighs a couple hundred pounds more but it's easier to get a grip on something solid.

·
17,351 Posts
Great question! Has anyone tried yet?
I uh...I really hope not?

And eh, the ED isn't all that much heavier than an ICE. Usually GROUPS of people tend to vandalize smarts, so a few extra hundred pounds won't make much more difference. Maybe they might break a sweat.

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,049 Posts
You think tipping is bad for a Smart? Check out what some other guy did.

Hey ! Where's the sticker that's supposed to say "When washing DO NOT IMMERSE IN WATER" ? The wife's coffeepot came with one!!

It pays to read the owners manual before using. They tip easy in high water too.

·
17,351 Posts
For the record, apparently what happened to that smart was actually an accident. The car had two occupants and the driver went down a dead end road. Once realizing his mistake, he tried turning around in reverse. He drove off the road and the car tumbled down the embankment into the water below.

No injuries, just two wet and confused guys.

I'll see if I can find the article :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts