Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,050 Posts
Oh I don't know about that...

https://youtu.be/5AS3QAHWCzQ

~toaster
That was a good video Toaster, but yet that was a sad video Toaster. That Smart headed for the water like a thirsty horse! If there ever was a video for "use the PARKING BRAKE", this is the one. I actually thought the man in the striped shirt was gonna swim out to retrieve it before it sank. I guess an amphicar the Smart is not ! Sounds like an old proverb if some sort.

But speaking of fake propellers....there's a happy end to this story.

They sent out a special rescue vehicle to save the little Smart from it's watery grave.

And then when it was safe back on dry land they all celebrated and had some.....

And they lived happily ever after.....remembering to set that blasted parking brake...THE END

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had a custom license plate frame made for my 2013 Brabus that reads "Little Gizmo" I get a lot of thumbs up and, "Hey, cool name for your car."

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
There was a spate of smart flipping in San Fran. First was publicized, and then it became a challenge ... quickly taken up by their idle youth gangs.

Back in the day, some young adult auto workers vented against the appearance of the VW Beetles and Renault Dauphines, and would roll them onto their roofs, supposedly to show they were 'unsafe!'

Shortly after, while in the Navy, I had a series of Mini Coopers. My shipmates enjoyed picking them up and leaving them in awkward places ... one time within a ring of steel rails around a fire plug, intended to protect the plug.

Bad idea, but not new by over 50 years.

Cheers, Bob
btw - a group of engineering students partially disassembled a Model T and reassembled it on top of the three story Engineering building in the 60s ... Mississippi State U.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Random fact of the day?
There was a spate of smart flipping in San Fran. First was publicized, and then it became a challenge ... quickly taken up by their idle youth gangs.

Back in the day, some young adult auto workers vented against the appearance of the VW Beetles and Renault Dauphines, and would roll them onto their roofs, supposedly to show they were 'unsafe!'

Shortly after, while in the Navy, I had a series of Mini Coopers. My shipmates enjoyed picking them up and leaving them in awkward places ... one time within a ring of steel rails around a fire plug, intended to protect the plug.

Bad idea, but not new by over 50 years.

Cheers, Bob
btw - a group of engineering students partially disassembled a Model T and reassembled it on top of the three story Engineering building in the 60s ... Mississippi State U.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts