Smart Car of America Forum banner

541 - 560 of 584 Posts

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Thanks, Checked the nationals site first and just ordered a 16x20. Then I came across this post:) Can't wait to get it and count the cars! I can't seem to do a count online:confused:

·
He's not mine
9,617 Posts
You didn't blow your train horns all the way home did you?
I had my sub-woofer installed today. The guy who drove it around to the service entrance honked the horns so the guy inside would open the bay door. Then, he blew again, and again and again, LOL. The guy inside sez, "I hear you!" They both seemed to get a kick out of it. :D

·
He's not mine
9,617 Posts
...could of use them on this trip...

...thinking OUTLOUD....Hummmmmmm...next mod????

...got a pic of those bad puppys Commander???

jetfuel....need horn to go faster....yep...next mod
Sorry, I didn't think to get a picture of them installed and before Kermit buttoned it up.

Sounds good though! Got to use the setup legitimately this afternoon when a young dude in an old Neon cut me off in traffic. Him:eek: Me:D

·
DrKillerBee
1,488 Posts
Just arrived home from the Nationals plus a tour of Colorado which should hire us to cure their drought problem. We attracted some rain throughout our trip including on our Fun-Can-A which was a bummer as the smarts had just figured out how to run the Fun-Can-A course and a line was formed with a bunch of smarts when the high winds and downpour arrived. The Car Show had bright sunny weather thank goodness.
Tia and Russ gave us a wonderful event and really threw themselves into the event for over a year and we really appreciate their great effort.
I will try to post a few pictures of the smarts at the Westin and Pikes Peak. Colorado is a great place to have an event if you want to visit their state after the event...I will post a few of these pictures just so those who missed the Nationals will know what they missed.
The first two show a shotgun marriage that was performed at the Westin by the "mad wrapper."

Attachments

·
DrKillerBee
1,488 Posts
Pike's Peak run. On the top.
At turn out that can be seen in the next picture. (look closely on left)
Part way down but out of the cloud.

Attachments

·
DrKillerBee
1,488 Posts
Skyline Drive near Canon City.
This is a mile and a half drive at the crest of a small mountain ridge.
It drops off sharply on both sides of a very narrow one car width paved road. We were too terrified to take pictures on the scariest parts. I was in severe panic mode and drove only 1 mile an hour to the point the triangle with the ! mark did not allow power to the wheels.
I race cars bumper to bumper over 100mph.
I have jumped off a cliff with a parachute.
I have been shot at multiple times at close range.
I have ridden along in a stunt plane.
But I have never been as terrified as I was on the last half of this mile and a half horror drive.

Attachments

·
DrKillerBee
1,488 Posts
Dinosaur footprints on Skyline Drive.
This is the bottom side of the footprint when the ridge was the base of a wetland in dinosaur times. When the mountain ridge was thrust up the less compacted mud-rock broke off exposing the footprints.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Skyline Drive near Canon City.
This is a mile and a half drive at the crest of a small mountain ridge.
It drops off sharply on both sides of a very narrow one car width paved road. We were too terrified to take pictures on the scariest parts. I was in severe panic mode and drove only 1 mile an hour to the point the triangle with the ! mark did not allow power to the wheels.
I race cars bumper to bumper over 100mph.
I have jumped off a cliff with a parachute.
I have been shot at multiple times at close range.
I have ridden along in a stunt plane.
But I have never been as terrified as I was on the last half of this mile and a half horror drive.
And you're driving a car that only uses half a lane!:eek:

·
DrKillerBee
1,488 Posts
Great Sand Dunes National Park which is south of Salida.
A most interesting ecosystem. These sand dunes are 750 feet tall and go on for miles.
Dunes from Zapata Falls
Dunes from motel room patio
Dunes from road

Attachments

·
He's not mine
9,617 Posts
Skyline Drive near Canon City
Too bad you didn't take Phantom Canyon Road. It's about 25 miles of terror between Victor, Colorado and comes out just East of Canon City. When I drove it, it wasn't paved and I doubt it is today. I can't honestly claim to have had all of the scary experiences you listed (OK, none of them). But ... well, too bad you didn't drive that one. Sounds like you would have enjoyed it. :D I drove it in a Volkswagen van. Scared the heck out of me, seriously thought it might kill me a couple of times when the rear end slid toward the edge. Years ago, I recommended it (tongue in cheek) to Neon, LOL.

Thanks for all the great photos!

EDIT: I did a search and found it wasn't Neon I suggested Phantom Canyon to, it was jediknight.

·
DrKillerBee
1,488 Posts
Zapata Falls (near the dunes)
Starting climb to the falls...(have to hike in rushing water through a crevice to see falls.)
Continuing climb
Looking at lower falls and upper falls

Attachments

·
DrKillerBee
1,488 Posts
Too bad you didn't take Phantom Canyon Road. It's about 25 miles of terror between Victor, Colorado and comes out just East of Canon City. When I drove it, it wasn't paved and I doubt it is today. I can't honestly claim to have had all of the scary experiences you listed (OK, none of them). But ... well, too bad you didn't drive that one. Sounds like you would have enjoyed it. :D I drove it in a Volkswagen van. Scared the heck out of me, seriously thought it might kill me a couple of times when the rear end slid toward the edge. Years ago, I recommended it (tongue in cheek) to Neon, LOL.

Thanks for all the great photos!

EDIT: I did a search and found it wasn't Neon I suggested Phantom Canyon to, it was jediknight.
We did the Phantom Canyon Road years ago in a rental car and we were in a hurry to get to a white water rafting trip at the Royal Gorge. There was no way to hurry on most of the trip as we had to honk just to go around a ledge turn. It was scary in places but did not bother me as much as there was always a wall to "lean to." There were places it looked like there was no way to get out of the canyon but you just squeaked your way through a crevice or tunnel.
I would NEVER take the Bee on that road!
This is from the road to Zapata Falls...at the parking lot were 12 SUVs, no sedans, and one smart (the Bee.) It was a 1st gear only road for the smart.

Attachments

541 - 560 of 584 Posts