Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
I don't know what's in PA, but in NJ you're pretty much equidistant (in driving times) from Ray Catena in Edison and Smart Center Englewood. I like Englewood, but many members have had good things to say about Edison too.

·
Registered
88 Posts
There is a dealer in Devon,Pa. near Philadelphia. Ray Catena is in Edison I looked up Port Murray NJ which is near I78 The dealer in Englewood is near I80 I would say that Edison is probably about a hour away Englewood would be over an hour.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Definitely choose smart center Englewood. When you stop in, tell Michael that Christopher and All Ball sent you. :bigthumbup:

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Having lived here 25 years, I really like New Jersey. I live in the central part. Perhaps people think of the part just across from NYC when they think of NJ? There is a reason it is called the 'garden state'. :) It is very green with lots of farms (fewer than before).
New Jersey.
We have a lot of beaches. :)

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Yeah, Welcome to NooJoisey.

Once you get here, please take the time to get off the beaten path and take some scenic drives through this beautiful state. From the Water Gap, to the HIghlands, the Coast and the Southern Pine Barrens, there is a lot to see! :p

George

·
Registered
329 Posts
I lived in Central NJ for 44 years NJ before my job moved to Delaware. Was nice growing up , too crowded now, taxes are out of control, roads are a mess. My parents still live there so I am back often but I don't miss it. The general attitude of the people was pretty cool despite the mess.

I hope you have the wheel and tire warranty

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yeah, Welcome to NooJoisey.

Once you get here, please take the time to get off the beaten path and take some scenic drives through this beautiful state. From the Water Gap, to the HIghlands, the Coast and the Southern Pine Barrens, there is a lot to see! :p

George
Agreed. I live in Rumson, which is literally the next town over from Highlands and the shore. Make sure to visit the lighthouse.

We, Ray Catena smart center Edison, had a Road Rally on November 16th and we had a nice drive through the scenic routes of Highlands and down to the beach.

It's a shame most out-of-staters judge our state while driving through NJ on the NJ Turnpike / I-95 and all they see are smoke barracks, gas containers, and traffic... :mad:

A link to a few pictures from the Road Rally: http://www.smartcenteredison.com/gallery.php

Danny M. Wong
Ray Catena smart center Edison
Sales & Leasing Consultant
[email protected]
Tel: 732-549-6601
Fax: 732-549-6983

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
If you have another road rally, I will definitely go. It is a shame that people think of the chemical factories and the 'mafia dumping ground' when they think of New Jersey. There is a lot to see and do in this state. There is a reason it is called the 'Garden State'; forests, farms and natural wonders here. :) I was not born in NJ but I am glad I am living in NJ.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
What i am wanting to know and if anyone is willing to share is what is the cost to insure a Smart in NJ. I was out that way recently and the friend i was visiting tells me that a Smart according to insurance companies is classed as a "sports car" due to the mere fact it has two doors, and here i am thinking it would be crazy to pay higher insurance just for owning a Smart. I have thought of living there in the future. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
What i am wanting to know and if anyone is willing to share is what is the cost to insure a Smart in NJ. I was out that way recently and the friend i was visiting tells me that a Smart according to insurance companies is classed as a "sports car" due to the mere fact it has two doors, and here i am thinking it would be crazy to pay higher insurance just for owning a Smart. I have thought of living there in the future. Any thoughts?
NJ has one of the highest insurance rates in the country. That being said, a number of factors come into play. 1) age/expierence
2) record
3) city you live in
4) how far you drive to work
I have NJ Manufactures Ins. and pay less than 700 per year for full coverage. Once again your situation will differ from me and your rates will reflect that.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
I have Allstate covering two cars; a 2007 Ford Focus and a 2008 Smart Fortwo Pure. My insurance - IIRC - went down when I bought them. I believe having a clean driving record helps too. :)

With the way some people drive in New Jersey, I can understand why insurance rates can be so high.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts