Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
I actually did it last Friday. the smart had no problem with the climb. I took some pictures, but we were above the cloudline so there isn't much to see. I'll see if I can get them uploaded later today. I had a couple of other stops in Maine, so the total mileage for the day was just around 750. Quite a nice day trip :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Aw, you're driving it? My hubby just hiked it last week. Started up the Ammonoosuc trail around 8am, made it down the Jewell trail at 4:20pm. Just ah.. be kind to the hikers when you get up there. If you see one trying to take a picture of the summit sign, give him a chance to, before jumping on in there. Hubby had a hell of a time trying to do just that, with all the tourists with all of their energy bouncing all over the place...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my current research is on:

Aug 3 (sunday), 3:30am park/road opens and weather permitting, one might see the sunrise :yawn: (one of the few days per year the road opens early)

pecuring lodging in the nearby town Gorham for a few hours sleep the day before (saturday) at Top Notch Inn.

other considerations while in the area:
cog railroad
kancamagus hwy (rt 112)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hubby and some others hiked up again this past week, and due to the really crappy weather, were forced to take a shuttle down. But they found out that the Mount Washington people bought a smart car to use for their errands! It just didn't make sense to send one guy all over the place in a huge gigantic van, wasting gas and all... So what do they buy? *lol* A smart!!! Awesome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts