Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Smart Passion City Cabriolet 450 Gas. My exhaust pipe broke completely off and beyond repair.
I live in Chicago and dealership says I have to order the whole exhaust system which is $1,065.
Does anyone know where I can get the muffler? Don't say Smart Madness they don't have. This has become a major headache.
Thanks for anyone who can help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a 2005 Smart Passion City Cabriolet 450 Gas. My exhaust pipe broke completely and beyond repair.
I live in Chicago and dealership says I have to order the whole exhaust system which is $1,065....insane!
Does anyone know where I can get the muffler? Don't say Smart Madness they don't have. This has become a major headache.
Thanks for anyone who can help.

Smartie 2.jpg

·
Registered
332 Posts
Not sure if this will help, but may want to check it out.

SmartieAZ

Registered

Joined May 4, 2017
41 Posts
#11 2 d ago
Shalmaneser64 said:
I’ve seen that listing too, but no picture of the muffler, so I’m hesitant.
In Europe they are selling aftermarket mufflers for 120 USD. Should be the same - just a simple aftermarket design...
You can find them on ebay.de it is called Smart auspuff.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help. I looked at that and won't work. Apparently I do have to get the entire exhaust assembly which includes the flex pipe, muffler, tailpipe and the catalytic converter which is all attached together. This is so stupid! A stupid $10 flex pipe broke in half and gonna have to shell out 150 times that amount. Plus my exhaust manifold is also cracked and of course you can't just buy that......it comes with the turbo too. Even though my turbo is fine. This car only has 70K miles. ...another $1000 plus labor.....where is the hole I can crawl in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If anyone has a 2005 450 passion that they are selling part for.....I am seeking an complete exhaust assembly.
I am also seeking a complete Exhaust Manifold assembly.

·
Registered
725 Posts
If anyone has a 2005 450 passion that they are selling part for.....I am seeking an complete exhaust assembly.
I am also seeking a complete Exhaust Manifold assembly.
Many of us are finding muffler shops that that will weld in a new flex pipe in the 175 - 300 dollar range. I had my own flex pipe repaired for 225 dollars.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Many of us are finding muffler shops that that will weld in a new flex pipe in the 175 - 300 dollar range. I had my own flex pipe repaired for 225 dollars.
Yes, I've tried. They said they took the whole exhaust off and its not fixable???? I don't see why not myself but...? The place I have it at is mainly just exhaust so and are quite large so I would think they would be able to.....ughhhh.
Thank you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not sure if this will help, but may want to check it out.

SmartieAZ

Registered

Joined May 4, 2017
41 Posts
#11 2 d ago

In Europe they are selling aftermarket mufflers for 120 USD. Should be the same - just a simple aftermarket design...
You can find them on ebay.de it is called Smart auspuff.
Yes, I tried a few online place but the say it won't fit my car and I need to order whole assembly from dealer....ick

·
Registered
151 Posts
Here's a stock one - side exhaust (~$360):

I went with center exit 'brabus style' ($660) and you need a rear valence ($140):

I mounted this setup with the 450 Brabus rear valance on my car.
Hated to hide the beautiful polished exhaust behind a valence but it sounds great.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Here's a stock one - side exhaust (~$360):

I went with center exit 'brabus style' ($660) and you need a rear valence ($140):

I mounted this setup with the 450 Brabus rear valance on my car.
Hated to hide the beautiful polished exhaust behind a valence but it sounds great.

:unsure: hmmmmmm,...... dremel out the inserts ...... Be Bold, Be Brave, ......be careful. :oops: Beautiful Smart BTW

·
Registered
725 Posts
Yes, I've tried. They said they took the whole exhaust off and its not fixable???? I don't see why not myself but...? The place I have it at is mainly just exhaust so and are quite large so I would think they would be able to.....ughhhh.
Thank you.
:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure: hmmmm ...... what would Cuba do?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts