Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Sweet. Thank you so much. They have the exhaust that will fit my car! They place they directed me to in the states is an hour from where the car is. I'm bringing it there and they custom make parts and have a machine just for making custom exhausts and the say no problem to custom make and fix my downpipe!!! Gonna throw Smartie on my snowmobile trailer and bring it to them! I will keep you posted.
Here's a stock one - side exhaust (~$360):

I went with center exit 'brabus style' ($660) and you need a rear valence ($140):

I mounted this setup with the 450 Brabus rear valance on my car.
Hated to hide the beautiful polished exhaust behind a valence but it sounds great.

Yes, bet it sounds really nice. Did it give you a little more horsepower?

·
Registered
155 Posts
@ Hollis - So are you ordering the S-Mann Exhaust? or just getting the flex pipe fixed?

The reason I ask is most of the S-Mann exhaust systems are for the '450/452 60kw/82hp Turbo'.
A very short statement that says it won't fit a 'stock' 450 turbo.

The reason being the mounting flanges from the stock turbo and the 60kw turbo (only on 452s and the Brabus 450) are different.
*I believe the stock 450 flange is 68mm between hole centers and the flange from the 60kw turbo is 70mm.

Thus, the links I listed are for exhausts that fit the stock 450.
I am upgrading one to surpass the Brabus 450 and had to find an exhaust to fit the new 60kw turbo flange.
Having good success with the Brabus style one for the 'stock' 450, I went with the same company to build me a catless one for the 60kw turbo flange.

I really like the design of this one because the flex pipe is moved to the center, away from the rear wheel kicking up water and such. Perhaps they can build one for your stock 450?
Also, my testing has shown that with any exhaust with a 200cpsi or less (or no) cat, you will throw a cel, and you need the 'cel fix' adapter on your O2 sensor :)

I don't have any baseline HP numbers for the stock exhaust to the Brabus style high flow cat exhaust but it does respond faster. I'm skeptical of the 10-20HP S-Mann claims but it's possible in the 3-5K rpm range where a free flowing exhaust will shine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ok, good to know. I'm taking it there tomorrow and they will let me know if hopefully can just fix the downpipe. I like the fact of getting more HP!!! With mine having the 3 cylinder engine I would like more HP any way I can get it!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The place I am taking it to is a rep for Mann, as thats how I got their number so if I need it I think they should know how what to order....that being said its their first Smartie....yikes

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have a 2005 Smart Passion City Cabriolet 450 Gas. My exhaust pipe broke completely off and beyond repair.
I live in Chicago and dealership says I have to order the whole exhaust
system which is $1,065.
Does anyone know where I can get
the muffler? Don't say Smart
Madness they don't have. This has
become a major headache.

You could check Kijiji out of Canada
They have the 450s up there.
Thanks for anyone who can help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Its fixed!!! Yah!!!!! Rented a uhaul and drove it from first Exhaust shop to another one who said no problem in fixing it and if I came in with no exhaust they could build it for me.
Cost me $237 with my oil change (brought the oil and filter). They made and put on a new downpipe, spot fixed exhaust where it needed it and sealed crack in my exhaust manifold. Dealer wanted $2,000 in parts to fix these exhaust and manifold and then labor. If anyone needs this it was Mike Automotive 516 Main St, Kewaskum, WI 53040 (262) 626-2427 Arron was the mechanic. I found them thru S-mann in the Netherlands as they are a dealer for their parts. Its in the boonies. I will be taking my 69 Vette there to fix new headers on!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts