Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
2014 Smart Fortwo BoConcept
Discussion Starter #1
I've been waiting on my new battery, it had the original one (2014 Boconcept) so I put in a XS Power D4700. Battery tested on the low end of ok. It was having some starting issues when we had a freezing cold snap. That's done.

I was having other intermittent issues. I just bought her so I am not assuming she won't have some hiccups. I'll group together what's not working.

Windshield wiper and washer controls (front and rear) - nothin, nada, nunca, nope
AC/Rear Defrost/Recirculate - same, nothing
Butt Warmers (Seat Heaters) - Pushing the button I can see it come on and then go out.
Auto door mirrors - not working, won't adjust via the buttons on the door.

So I start checking her out. Rechecked battery connections, checked the corresponding fuses. My tester apparently got mangled via tool box lid so until I can get another, I pulled the ones denoted and eyeballed them.
I didn't check every one but that is on my list.

Checked for codes. I did have one. U0164 (Lost communication with HVAC Control Module)

All the lights work, radio has no issues, 4ways, interior lights good, rear hatch opens. Popped the hood, checked and topped off all my fluids, checked wiring harness I could reach.

Checked my motor (which is filthy btw, tips on the least hassling way to remove half the dirt would be appreciated), checked and felt the connectors to ECM through the side hatch.

I reset the codes, drove her around for a good 30 minutes. She runs wonderfully, sounds good, code came back but I expected it.

Earlier, I was having problems with the horn and 4ways but after my pretrip fiddling, they are now working.

I've wanted this car for a long time. I've got aesthetics on the way and many more planned so what should I start looking into?

Thanks in advance!

Registered
2014 Smart Fortwo BoConcept
Discussion Starter #4
Short answer, yes. #20 was blown, however, I had to pull it and literally examine both sides under a super bright light to see the defect. Weirdest thing I've ever seen. I'm used to fuses going out in style, looking like a blowtorch was put to it. I'm going to get a new meter. Sitting on the ground, twisted into a pretzel, pulling each and every tiny fuse and looking at both sides is for someone much younger with a better back. 馃榿

There was also a loose connection but I haven't had time to snap a picture. It was behind the actual fuse plate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts