Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....engine sounded a lot louder than usual when I turned it on this afternoon, it gets even louder when Its on drive and when I press on the gas pedal the whole car literally starts to shake and vibrate intensely. All during this vibrating, the noise from the engine gets even more louder, can somebody help? How much is this fix ? Is it even worth fixing?

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 Brabus MY21 Bolt
8,097 Posts
Not really enough basic background information - location, miles, original owner?

SWAG, sounds like the muffler flex pipe may be broken along with a bad motor mount??

Take it to a local muffler shop and EURO mechanic as it’s a common failure that shouldn’t cost a bunch?

Keep us posted as to what you find...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not really enough basic background information - location, miles, original owner?

SWAG, sounds like the muffler flex pipe may be broken along with a bad motor mount??

Take it to a local muffler shop and EURO mechanic as it’s a common failure that shouldn’t cost a bunch?

Keep us posted as to what you find...
just came back from the shop it was a cracked engine mount and several other broken bolts, the engine was literally falling off holding on to a single mount . It's going to cost me $711.00 CAD so that's like $45 USD, lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts