Smart Car of America Forum banner

My 2014 Electric Smart wont start

6K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Smart car 
#1 ·
Hi, my car wont start at all, dead. No light, I can t even open the passenger door form inside or remote. Last full charge was Friday, disconnected the cable and I haven't use the car Sat nor Sunday, Monday morning was going for a ride and it wont turn on. Pleeeease help :(

#5 ·
Could be a dealer only thing or at least a shop with the dealer workshop data.

Tell us what year car you are talking about and please keep us updated. How old is the 12v battery?

Len
2014 EV Coupe 19,500 miles
2014 EV Cabriolet 17,000 miles

#7 ·
So did this happen before you changed the battery or afterwards? How long was the 12v battery either dead or removed?

Len
2014 EV Coupe 19,500 miles
2014 EV Cabriolet 17,000 miles

#9 ·
So how long was your car without a 12v battery in it or how long was it with a discharged 12v battery?

There was a service update program for the HV battery that came out in late 2016. Do you know if your car has had that update done? If you took your car to a dealership, they should have done it without you even asking and your service ticket should have indicated that it was done. Some think that this update addresses some of the issues that occur when a 12v battery goes bad.

Len

#12 ·
Hello, sorry for the late reply. I can mention that the SAM Module is notorious for bad soldering. I also know that Fuses 34 and 35 will cause an HV Battery System Workshop error and the car will not turn on to run mode.
Try pulling those fuses and pushing them back in.

My 2 :)Cents

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.