Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Smartmadness.com
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the fun and the passion mixed with high enthusiasm has started again :D

I currently own a 08 smart Fortwo Cabrio with 93K. I love it still rate it a 9 out of 10. (Once Boosted with Turbo 10/10)

I am now already seeking to pick up the 13 smart Fortwo Coupe ELECTRIC DRIVE once release in spring.

I then will have 2 smarts. Best of both worlds gas fun with turbo fun potential and gas saving electric smart.

Im so excited its like im getting a new addition to the family.

electric drive coupe cant wait but its going to be cool having a cabrio for the beach days and and panoramic view of the coupe for inner city driving. .....fun fun fun.....my prius is up for sell to make way for the new little guy...smart ED :-D

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
You can go to Macy's, Walgreens, Kohl's, Best Buy, Target. While you shop, you can get your car charged. One stop. Tesla is add more charging stations too. Walgreens is adding over 300 of them across the country.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hey
Im doing the same thing...08 pasion...on the list for the ev.....im number 5 at the dealership in oxnard...where are you on the waiting list......

i cant wait as well........going for the coupe......

·
Smartmadness.com
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes u will report actual mileage for all the members. No problem. I can't find anyone with a waiting list. The dealer here just took my name and number but would not let me give a deposit.
Ohhhh I can't wait either....what color u guys think I should get?

·
Registered
293 Posts
white with green tridion of course:D

I've felt there needs to be a way to hook the gas smart and the EV smart together. Like a short train. Once hooked up, there should be software that runs the two like a hybrid, determining how much electric power and how much gas power to run moment by moment. Then you'd have a four seat hybrid that breaks down into components. You can leave home the gas part or the EV part. Drive pure or drive hybrid.

The smart have always seemed like the perfect non-hybrid. Just the simplest gas car without the extra weight and drawback of a hybrid, and the same for the EV. But for situations where the hybrid is an advantage, how cool to connect them.

Of course, once you've hooked a couple smarts together why stop at two. Imagine a smart train.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts

I've felt there needs to be a way to hook the gas smart and the EV smart together. Like a short train. Once hooked up, there should be software that runs the two like a hybrid, determining how much electric power and how much gas power to run moment by moment. Then you'd have a four seat hybrid that breaks down into components. You can leave home the gas part or the EV part. Drive pure or drive hybrid.

The smart have always seemed like the perfect non-hybrid. Just the simplest gas car without the extra weight and drawback of a hybrid, and the same for the EV. But for situations where the hybrid is an advantage, how cool to connect them.

Of course, once you've hooked a couple smarts together why stop at two. Imagine a smart train.
This would work

·
Smartmadness.com
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I like the way you think!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'd love to also have the electric smart but unfortunately my 2nd car has to be a gear and people hauler. I bought my gas smart even though I really wanted to wait for the electric smart. I will be very tempted to trade in my 2011 Pure but financially it will make no sense as I got my car super cheap.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
We are all embracing the new electric drive smart and how great it's equivalent mileage is to a gas engine, yet no one ever brought up the change in the electric bill after such a car is used. Let's face it, we can't all go Macy's, Walgreens, Kohl's, Best Buy, Target, etc. after hours and start looking suspicious waiting while trying to get a free ride for our cars..

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,394 Posts
There is a nice shopping center near me called Town Center that has two free charging plug-ins. No obligation to buy anything, but I am sure you would spend some money while waiting around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts