Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!!! I know that a lot of people are working on their smarties and I follow a few on Instagram haha ( Blkdragon88) if anyone wants to follow! But not many of us have had an opportunity to do anything with our ED's yet simply because they are so new and we are all learning how everything functions and how our battery life holds up. But I am taking it a notch ahead, simply because I own my ED and the battery program has my back :cool:. Soooooo....I heard that by switching from the halogen bulbs that it consumes more energy than it would by using LEDs, therefore I am in the process of switching all my bulbs to LEDs to give it a shot. Also along in my build thread, I will also have my VIP puddle lights set up, LED DRL installed, Angel Eyes installed, illuminated door sills, interior floor lighting, HIDs, interior dome, and reverse lights.

Oh... and since Smart USA botched me on my Cocoa Brown panel conversion, I am switching my black on silver tridion to a Sky Blue Metallic with a Gloss Black tridion high gloss metallic wrap. =) Stay Tuned and cant wait to share with you guys my adventure!! :D

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hey Guys!!! I know that a lot of people are working on their smarties and I follow a few on Instagram haha ( Blkdragon88) if anyone wants to follow! But not many of us have had an opportunity to do anything with our ED's yet simply because they are so new and we are all learning how everything functions and how our battery life holds up. But I am taking it a notch ahead, simply because I own my ED and the battery program has my back :cool:. Soooooo....I heard that by switching from the halogen bulbs that it consumes more energy than it would by using LEDs, therefore I am in the process of switching all my bulbs to LEDs to give it a shot. Also along in my build thread, I will also have my VIP puddle lights set up, LED DRL installed, Angel Eyes installed, illuminated door sills, interior floor lighting, HIDs, interior dome, and reverse lights.

Oh... and since Smart USA botched me on my Cocoa Brown panel conversion, I am switching my black on silver tridion to a Sky Blue Metallic with a Gloss Black tridion high gloss metallic wrap. =) Stay Tuned and cant wait to share with you guys my adventure!! :D

I want LED reverse lights but i've always heard that by switching the bulbs to LED's it creates hyper flashing and you need to buy a resistor to put on it? not too familiar with that stuff.

I know how to take the rear lights out but not sure exactly what else i need to do.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want LED reverse lights but i've always heard that by switching the bulbs to LED's it creates hyper flashing and you need to buy a resistor to put on it? not too familiar with that stuff.

I know how to take the rear lights out but not sure exactly what else i need to do.
I used ddm tuning cree led reverse lights. gave a 360 led display and a single led projected beam. phenomenal product! no need for a resistor on the reverse, mainly on the trun signal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts