Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. After talking quite extensively about my first smart car accident, I finally found the original images of the accident and I thought, even though it has been over two years, to upload the images here for you all to see.

·
Super Moderator
17,555 Posts
smart 1
Ford 0

That's amazing...The Ford looks like it'll never drive again while your smart just took the hit and went on with life. (and took another hit)

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very true. His Ford was totaled, from beginning to getting it out of the shop, the total cost was about $11k. I probably an option to get another, but I wouldn't have had a car for another 4 months made just like the one I currently have because that is when they were really selling and they couldn't get enough of them.

·
Super Moderator
17,555 Posts
But your smart has even more character after the crash...

♫ "What ever didn't total me, only makes me smarter" ♫

Wait, wasn't it totalled in the second crash?

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice spin off that song! Actually, after the accident, that was the first song I played in it. What a coincidence!

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
So just for context... what kind of impact was that first accident? Looks like the Ford T-boned you at 20-30mph and its center was aimed just behind the front of your door. I don't remember your original post's details... obviously you're still here, but did you get injured much?

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Estimated speed was between 30-35mph. I didn't get injured besides shattered glass and a seat belt bruise, but the other guy's hand was broken and bleeding.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Two accidents so far. I wish I never had any accident nor would want anybody else to be in an accident, but I'm glad I was in such a well engineered safe car and can now tell people that I am standing before them today showing them the same car that was in two accidents. It helps when you have first hand experience in something versus what they read or speculate, but somebody that actually did it and can tell them the experience helps ease scared minded people.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
After that, all I had was a seat belt bruise and some blood from the shattered glass. The owner of the Focus, after he had trouble opening his door because the frame was crushed, broke his hand from hitting the dashboard so after the officer got his information, he went to the hospital. I was picked up and went home.

·
Super Moderator
17,555 Posts
These pictures are still very amazing. The Focus (2x the weight 2x the size) sits there all battered up and your smart looks like it simply had a crash at like 5mph.

And then it wasn't totaled in crash #2, even better. Your car is like a boxer, it takes hits and hits back!

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
If I get in an accident and am not injured I am sooo jumping out of the car while rolling around and screaming just to mess with whoever hits me. :)

·
Super Moderator
17,555 Posts
Or maybe play dead and when they come to see if you are okay, wake up and yell "BOO!"
:rofl: I so want to do this now...

Oh no! Are you okay?

BOO!

AHHH!!!

I'm on fire! I'm on FIRE!!!

:rofl:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts