Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am now the happy owner of a new-to-me 2009 smart fortwo. My smart story starts back in 2006 when I was in Romania and saw my first smart, there and then I knew that this was the car for me! Low and behold ten years later there is now a grey passion coupe sitting in the driveway! My smart is actually the first car I've ever owned and I couldn't be happier with it

My smartie had everything I'd wanted, except for it's quirky instrument pods. I spent a few weeks looking online at salvage yards for smarts that had pods; slim pickings to say the least. Then I found one in my old college town about a 120 km away. Road trip!

Giving these pods from a 08 cabrio a new home!

The final product!

Thank you all for making this such a wonderful and welcoming community!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Welcome. Great looking smart.

I spent over a year lusting after the smart before I finally managed to talk my better half into letting me buy one.

Then came the hunt for features I needed/wanted. Had to have paddles, had to have pods, since I'm no longer allowed to modify my stereo systems (long story short, I pissed off the whole neighborhood with my old system) it had to have the surround sound with navigation, arm rest, heated seats, and a/c.

Wish I could have found another color like your grey metallic, but the white is growing on me. (Especially since our other car is white.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Welcome. Great looking smart.

I spent over a year lusting after the smart before I finally managed to talk my better half into letting me buy one.

Then came the hunt for features I needed/wanted. Had to have paddles, had to have pods, since I'm no longer allowed to modify my stereo systems (long story short, I pissed off the whole neighborhood with my old system) it had to have the surround sound with navigation, arm rest, heated seats, and a/c.

Wish I could have found another color like your grey metallic, but the white is growing on me. (Especially since our other car is white.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can always easily change the panels to the color(s) you want:wink::wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts