Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i liv ein new jersey, and for those of you who aren;t aware in the state of new jersey it is illegal to pump your own gas. from time to time the guy who pumps my gas has knocked off my fuel door and had to put it back on, i ahd always assumed he wasnt a total idiot and was able to affix it properly, but since the last time i refueled i have noticed that it fell off at some point in my travels.

now i have seen a bunch of fancy fuel doors with rivets and grooves and all that, but does anybody know of a place where i can get another fuel door that is just plain old regular black and preferably cheap?

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
call yor dealer,

Or call smartmadness and see if the have any left from past upgrades.
Kind of like how they had a special on stock front wheels from trade ins last week

·
Registered
2017 Passion Coupe
3,552 Posts
If visiting the dealer is inconvenient, I'd recommend scp-parts.com or smartmadness. One way or another, you can get a factory door.

Anybody with a fancy new door have a spare "plain" old door?

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
Superfightingrobot- if you write me a 5,000 word essay as to why you would be a good recipient if a nice OEM fuel door for your smart I'll send you one. :)

If you PM me - I'll hook you up. It is what SCOA is about. I've had plenty of people give me stuff here, I'll pass it on as long as you pass it on when you get the chance. It's the smart thing to do. :)

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
illegal in NJ?

I can't believe you can't pump your own gas. I'd move.
I believe it is illegal to pump your own gas in NJ. It has been awhile since I pumped my own gas.

Lots of people have moved out of NJ but I think not being able to pump your own gas would be way down on the reasons to go. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
Especialy since the gas is way cheeper than the neighbors. I have been at the Exit on 84 where NY and NJ meet just before PA. If you stop at the first two gas station you are in NY and getting screwed, If you go under the overpass you will be in NJ with someone else pumping your gas for a lot less

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
No worries. On Friday I finally got a chance to send out one of my extra gas doors to super fighting robot. Sooooo, super fighting robot. Look in the mail......it'll be there soon!

Brabus007 - that fuel door looks sweet. I love the home made stuff. It looks great. Good job! :bigthumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts