Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here's my question, and don't be too hard on me. Does the smart have a cigarette lighter?

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
I believe the 451 does, if for nothing more than to power the optional smart/Garmin GPS Navigator, and there is an optional "Smokers Kit" in some parts of the world.

·
Registered
465 Posts
i would have to guess yes since they aren't so much cigarette lighters anymore as much as power ports. But, i don't know for sure.

And yes, shame on you. ;)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Yes and no. It has a "12v power outlet" but I don't know where. I think you'll have to pop in to a auto store an pick up a lighter.

Smokeing is fun and does make you look sexy and grown-up. If you ever want to quit just take Chantix for a few months. Worked for me and I smoked for almost thirty years but I have not smoked on or really even wanted one since August 30th this year.

Main reason I am getting a smart is a) to reward myself for not smoking and 2) because I smoked so much for so long in my old car that it now smells like a bag of a$$holes. I've tried Fabrese, shout, carpet cleaner and even ferverant prayer but NOTHING will get that smell out of a car.

Oh, and that crap about smoking being fun, mature and sexy. That was a lie. But the Chantix part, that part's true.

·
Registered
522 Posts
DC 12v outlet

Outlet is somewhere below the radio, central part of car. It is switched on with the ignition switch. Some people have rewired it to be hot all the time for computer charging. Not sure if a lighter is in it. I have a lighter from a 450, if anyone wants it. The 12v outlet does several things. One runs all your dc stuff. But, most important, it runs the 12v DC air pump in the smartie's "first aid" kit (for flats). No spare tire :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
That outlet is also important for plugging in your FM transmitter (allowing playing your mp3 music directly from a flashdrive/SD-card/ipod or the like). Much cheaper than going for the premium sound-system upgrade just to get CD-mp3 compatibility.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
That outlet is also important for plugging in your FM transmitter (allowing playing your mp3 music directly from a flashdrive/SD-card/ipod or the like). Much cheaper than going for the premium sound-system upgrade just to get CD-mp3 compatibility.

Or simply buy a $3 cable at radio shack and plug it in with the headphone sized jack in the glove compartment. Much cheaper than buying a FM adapter.

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
As mentioned there is a 12v receptacle in the dash area. The 2007 Accessory Brochure from Germany offers a Smokers' Kit which includes an ash tray that fits one of the beverage holders as well as a cigarette lighter that fits the 12v receptacle.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just want to be smart

I just had my hands on a passion at the LA show it does have a 12 volt power source, which would work as a cig lighter right under the dash in the center, almost not visible setting in the drivers seat with it all the way back,
can't imagine what the car would smell like if it was smoked in. Sorry non smoker.

Pat

1 - 13 of 13 Posts