Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
I thought of doing that but could not make myself drill three or four holes into the dash.. If you regret the position or change phones and the mount is not the same for the next one... you have ruined your dash in a very prominent area. I went with the mount that Smart madness sells that CAN be mounted like yours OR as I did, put into the cup holder and never looked back! All I did was mount the base to a hockey puck and that fits very snug into the cup holder.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I did pretty much the same thing as the original poster.. but I ran the screws into the unused button on the button bank... and yes.. I took apart the button bank to make sure I didn't damage the circuit board!... that way.. if I want to remove the mount.. I can either fill the hole in the button with black glue.. or get a new button bank.. no holes in the dash.

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
I did pretty much the same thing as the original poster.. but I ran the screws into the unused button on the button bank... and yes.. I took apart the button bank to make sure I didn't damage the circuit board!... that way.. if I want to remove the mount.. I can either fill the hole in the button with black glue.. or get a new button bank.. no holes in the dash.
IIRC the button bank is only sold as a unit... for over $100...

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
IIRC the button bank is only sold as a unit... for over $100...
Cheaper than a dash. Lesser of two evils. Of course there are plastic hole plugs that will fill whatever size hole you have and smooth it over to where it looks like something used to go there.

OP shared what he did............and I thank him. While I have hacked, drilled and cut into my car I can't bring myself to drill a hole in that fabric yet. I don't have a iPhone so all is well. :p I do have a Touch that I use with my car. :wink: It interfaces with my radio quite well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
this is my solution:

and now installing parrot mki9200 to get this look:

swapped the pods because when iphone is in its dock it is in front of the parrot screen. Still have problems with installation though. seems that parrot deliverd me a broken master unit..:( waiting for a new one now!

·
Registered
755 Posts
SmartDevil, that is very cool though, I have to say that is how I would have done it since it is very.. VERY secure...

I say very secure because.. with sebastiaan's mount, while I love how it looks and great installation.. the way how I drive and accelerate my smart car.. the phone would just fly out of it's mount lol...

Now I'm going to go look up that tiny screen thing that Sebastiaan posted.. looks interesting... keep them coming! I have my iPhone mounted on a suction cup on the windshield :)

Larry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts