Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed something that I can run across the county in without getting the sweats over the gas price. Size presents certain trade offs that I can live with. Had it about a week and making a list of a few tweaks needed.

Wind noise at the front left side othe panaromic roof. Seems no to be secure at that point.

Radion speaker quality is disappointing.

Possible muffler or manifold noise from engine.

Anyone have experience with these issues?

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
I do not have a panoramic roof so I do not experience what you have.

I like the muffler sound. One person put it as like a small British sports car. I think that is cool.

I have not had any problems with the speaker that came with my little car. One can upgrade them. There is a section here about that. There is very usefull information there.

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
I don't have any problems with noise from the panoramic roof (unless something falls on it). As to the exhaust/muffler sound, I,too like it. It doesn't sound like a sewing machine, like so many other little cars do, but isn't obnoxiously loud, either. As to the speakers - I have a relatively destroyed sense of hearing, when it comes to quality vs cheap, having worked around jet engines in the Navy for 5+ years. However, the speakers in the door just don't quite get me the volume I need to overcome the road noice when my windows are down. To that end, I am installing a set of 4" speakers in the back (and will post pics when done), to help with that.

Other than that, if you drive with the windows up, and still don't like the noise level (after you have gone to the dealer to have that roof noise looked into), there are some tutorials and other info about adding noise-deadening material under the carpet - might be worth it for you.

Cheers!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Your wind noise on your roof

Push up on your roof and see if it coming unglued my 09 passion has and waiting on parts to get the car fixed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts