Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first Smart was the 2008 model and immediately became my main driver; my 2003 Subaru Outback was "retired" to serve as my snow/"hauling big crap" around car.

I now have a 2016 Smart, and my child is taking the Subie to college in Vermont. So I had to replace it with a new snow/hauling big crap vehicle. And I did ... with a "new to me" baby, that I'm almost as excited about as I was for my first Smart.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Very nice.

I bought my 2013 smart end of March 2016.

We also have a 2015 Prius that my other half drives. A little after I bought my smart I also picked up a "work horse" that I bought for my mother to have her own transportation and since the 2009 Pontiac vibe we traded in on my smart was our hauler/tow vehicle.

So my other vehicles are a 2015 Prius and a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0l 4x4 upcountry.

And just for reference my old junk hauler.

·
Registered
922 Posts
We got our 2015 ED almost exactly two months ago. It replaced a 1995 Miata that was my daily driver, and our Smart is our first electric car, or even our first hybrid. My wife has a 2010 Rav4 and I have a 2011 Corvette that we use when we need more range, carrying capacity, or speed.

·
Registered
249 Posts
My other car is a '17 Subaru Forester Limited w/Eyesight, projector LED headlights, rearside anti-collision radar, and intuitive cruise control, plus other stuff. The fanciest car I have owned in my life.

·
Registered
16 Posts
996 C4S was my Daily Driver since 2004 but currently getting the Engine Rebuilt @ 265,000km with IMS Failure hence why I got a 453 Smart for the time Being
I work at a Wheel/Tire shop that why you see different wheels on the car, currently own 12 Sets of wheels for that car :)
Most up for sale to fund my 3.6l to 4.0l Engine Rebuild :)

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
996 C4S was my Daily Driver since 2004 but currently getting the Engine Rebuilt @ 265,000km with IMS Failure hence why I got a 453 Smart for the time Being
I work at a Wheel/Tire shop that why you see different wheels on the car, currently own 12 Sets of wheels for that car :)
Most up for sale to fund my 3.6l to 4.0l Engine Rebuild :)
I own a 997 C4. Sorry to hear about your IMS failure. Could I ask where you are getting your rebuild and how much it is ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I own a 997 C4. Sorry to hear about your IMS failure. Could I ask where you are getting your rebuild and how much it is ?
This is my Second Rebuild :(, had it Rebuilt 3 years ago at 195k for a Scored Cylinder by MB Motorsports in Chicago now in Florida
Unfortunately they put in a B-Grade IMS that crapped out in 45k without any Warning, so now I'm having its Locally Rebuilt with LN Nickies 3.8L and Extras
Probably gonna be in the range of 15-25k CAD Cost

·
Registered
65 Posts
This is my Second Rebuild :(, had it Rebuilt 3 years ago at 195k for a Scored Cylinder by MB Motorsports in Chicago now in Florida
Unfortunately they put in a B-Grade IMS that crapped out in 45k without any Warning, so now I'm having its Locally Rebuilt with LN Nickies 3.8L and Extras
Probably gonna be in the range of 15-25k CAD Cost
Thanks, even though mines a later version 997 the IMS issue is always in the back of my mind. The IMS never gives a warning. As soon as you hear it it's too late. Good luck with your rebuild.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts