Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
May someone is able to help me, my 2009 Smart Fortwo Switch on smoothly, but when I tried turn off drive cicle doesn’t finish, and the car still in second fase, with engines off, but lights on.
I’ve used my scanner and ended up with code P2610 engine off timer, replace ECU/PCM.
Someone already had this code problem? What I have supposed to do?

·
Registered
557 Posts
The headlights may stay on for a short time after the engine is turned off. It’s courtesy lighting and the lights should turn off after 30 seconds or a minute (I can’t remember the exact time). It’s designed to give the passengers a few moments to exit the vehicle and enter a home or garage without needing additional lingers. My 2008 does this. It’s normal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The headlights may stay on for a short time after the engine is turned off. It’s courtesy lighting and the lights should turn off after 30 seconds or a minute (I can’t remember the exact time). It’s designed to give the passengers a few moments to exit the vehicle and enter a home or garage without needing additional lingers. My 2008 does this. It’s normal.
Yes, but in this case the car doesn’t turn off for real, at first I thought was it, but The doors were not blocking and the trunk was not opening, So I ran the scanner, and it comes with the code P2610.

thank you for your response

·
Registered
557 Posts
Wow. That’s an oddball. A P2610 code indicates the Power Control Module could not determine how long the engine has been turned off. Typically, the PCM checks the crank position sensor, fuel pressure, and/or ignition system voltage when setting this code. If your car really continues to run after being turned off, first guess is it could be a flaky ignition switch or crank position sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts