Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how many early adopters are still on the forum but today, Feb 1 is the 3rd Birthday or Anniversary depending on your point of view for my US 451.

I took delivery on Feb 1, 2008 and it was the 1st smart car delivered to it's owner by the Orlando Smartcenter and one of the 1st 300 smart cars delivered to their owners in the USA.

Car and Owner are doing well and anticipate many additional birthdays as plans are to keep the car and pass it to the kids at some future point.

kwagar

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi Ken, been awhile... mine was 3 years old 1-31, has 9500 miles on it and I still love it. Sad part is that sales dropped, dealer is more into used cars for income, service department is a repair center for all brands and no more a hang out for smart owners. Local club members won't even respond to emails on smart insider. Life goes on... A new Mini Cooper dealer opened a year ago and they are in a frenzy with cars, advertising, and excitement.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Q TEE was built in Jan 09 and I took delivery in Feb 09, so two years for me. Currently at 30k miles. Let the fun continue

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Ken, been awhile... mine was 3 years old 1-31, has 9500 miles on it and I still love it. Sad part is that sales dropped, dealer is more into used cars for income, service department is a repair center for all brands and no more a hang out for smart owners. Local club members won't even respond to emails on smart insider. Life goes on... A new Mini Cooper dealer opened a year ago and they are in a frenzy with cars, advertising, and excitement.
Great to hear from you, hope you are doing well. Lack of sales has been a real bummer but I guess it is what it is. I had to pass the baton on our local group but the new coordinator has a 3rd Annual Anniversary event coming up in three weeks and it looks like we will have a good turnout. I also get up to NC for the Dragon event each year and am planning on going again this year.

Take care!

Ken

·
Registered
834 Posts
The Might Flea is coming up on her third in 40 days. 28000 miles and many more to go!!

I also found it interesting that a couple of folks locally that later reservation numbers than I had got their cars a month earlier.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
It's very interesting to see how few miles have been put on by many of the early adopters here, but I guess that if you drive just 10-12 miles a day, 250-300 days a year, that's totally doable. But in that case, I'd have bought another unicycle and saved on the car!

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Mr Blue will turn three on July 24, 2011 and currently he has over 32,000 miles on the odometer. I plan on getting all i can out of my Smart and BTW i still love it. Funny i still get questions on the car and even a friend of the opposite sex from church asked for a little spin just to get to her car.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Mine will turn 3 on February 4th. One of the first smarts delivered in Houston. It came in to the dealership in January but the dealership was not open yet

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Happy B'day!

It's no secret anymore my Feb. 14th '08 pick up date was intentional. I wanted it to coincide with Valentine's Day. :kissyou: But the steamy, torrid, Anaïs Nin style love affair continues...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts