Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 Brabus MY21 Bolt
7,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sparky is being upgraded (sold) hope that we can keep him in the SCoA Family...

Clean One owner - 3 yr lease, then purchased from MBFS
No title issues or accidents
19,700 miles
City Car - 68 mile range
Flame Yellow
Anthracite Tridion

OPTIONS
3-spoke steering wheel WITH RARE RECUPERATION PADDLES
Leather, heated seats
Driver seat armrest
LED daytime running lights
Retractable rear cargo cover

ADDITIONAL
Legal (NC) window tint
4 - NEW Kumho ECSTA 195/50 R15 TIRES (4 square)
2 - key fobs w/Owners Manual
OEM Lear 120V EVSE

Pickup in North Carolina. Will coordinate with YOUR shipping.
5E6AB482-19EE-4059-9E07-F1771E7F6EA0.jpeg
Thanks

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great color combination!
Yes, Kamaal (West Covina smart) ordered it to our specs and it turned out to be quite a head turner!

For those who have not followed Sparky, he’s bi-costal! Titled/leased in CA then shipped to NC.

With the new Kumho ECSTA 195/50 R15 tires, no longer staggered - drives like a grownup car!

·
Super Moderator
1,738 Posts
So tempting - my wife's favorite color, but I need another Smart EV like I need a hole in my head. Good luck with the sale. I wish the car was still in CA and not so close to me. Tempts me to come and see it. Won't make it to Ocean Isle Beach on one charge will it? :)

Len
2014 EV Coupe 21,500 miles
2014 EV Cabriolet 22,500 miles

·
Registered
141 Posts
WOW great little car, low mileage and looks well cared for. I'd love to add it to my garage but it's too far away and if I got it it would end up with a BUSA motor added to the Electric!
I absolutely LOVE my current electric Smart but need a second one so I can drive one while modding the other!

·
Super Moderator
1,738 Posts
That's exactly what I said above, but I can't follow my own advice. More to come. :)

Len

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Thanks for sharing! Nice to finally see you two. I remember when we visited NC but were on the west side apparently so it was too far to meet.

Curious, I wonder what was the "upgrade"?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for sharing! Nice to finally see you two.

Curious, I wonder what was the "upgrade"?
Interesting that in 13 years of smartin’ around and being on SCoA it seems that whenever two smart owners “meet” good times and memories are made!

It was great that Helen & I could meet Len & his wife - Sparky went to a good “beyond range” home (185 miles).

And the range “upgrade” - a 2021 Chevy Bolt Premier.

·
Super Moderator
1,738 Posts
Yep, really cool to meet another Smart enthusiast or nut - you choose the right adjective. :) I know it's nuts for me.

Len

·
Super Moderator
7,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Smart enthusiast or nut - you choose the right adjective. :) I know it's nuts for me.
2008 began as a smart enthusiastic.

Time passes, you find yourself with more smart inventory than smart USA who closed all the smart Centers and BOOM you’re a confirmable NUT! 😜

·
Super Moderator
7,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Please keep us updated on your new chevy Bolt.
Didn't you also have a Chevy Volt that was struck by lighting?
MY15 smart ED allowed us to sample RANGE ANXIETY and the Brave New world of EV’s.

3 year lease utilizing the OEM L1 charger.

Lease buyout was stupid but got lucky and found ED @ M-B auction. Installed L2 charger for the next 3 years of ownership.

Lightning? Never owned a Volt although I like the platform and the ICE generator to HV to drive motor concept.

MY20 - 21 Bolt incentives became very attractive especially with the Costco Certificate. Several online/text/voice negotiations were done with 2 dealers resulting in our first test drive. 3/31 consummated deal & took delivery of 2021 @ significant discount off MSRP.

A couple weeks in, quite happy with our choice and enjoying the one-pedal (go/regen brake) driving and the EPA-estimated 259 miles of range!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
MY15 smart ED allowed us to sample RANGE ANXIETY and the Brave New world of EV’s.

3 year lease utilizing the OEM L1 charger.

Lease buyout was stupid but got lucky and found ED @ M-B auction. Installed L2 charger for the next 3 years of ownership.

Lightning? Never owned a Volt although I like the platform and the ICE generator to HV to drive motor concept.

MY20 - 21 Bolt incentives became very attractive especially with the Costco Certificate. Several online/text/voice negotiations were done with 2 dealers resulting in our first test drive. 3/31 consummated deal & took delivery of 2021 @ significant discount off MSRP.

A couple weeks in, quite happy with our choice and enjoying the one-pedal (go/regen brake) driving and the EPA-estimated 259 miles of range! View attachment 66054
Thinking of going the same route myself but missed the deadline for Costco membership. Hope it repeats later in the year.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.