Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does it need an owner, or does it already have one??

It's absolutely beautiful.
Thank You---Been a long wait. Started this back in March :)
Thanks to Barry Rudin at MB of Oxnard for keeping me in the loop - He gave me a heads up the cab might come in today. And I was able to get to the center in time to see the truck drive up!!!

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Thank You---Been a long wait. Started this back in March :)

Thanks to Barry Rudin at MB of Oxnard for keeping me in the loop - He gave me a heads up the cab might come in today. And I was able to get to the center in time to see the truck drive up!!!

You get the "Coy Award" for 2016... DID YOU BUY IT??

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Congratulations!! Doesn't that make you the first known 2017 smart (and Cabrio) owner in the US?

It really is great looking. Have you actually driven it yet? Can't wait to get feedback on how it compares to your 2013.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congratulations!! Doesn't that make you the first known 2017 smart (and Cabrio) owner in the US?

It really is great looking. Have you actually driven it yet? Can't wait to get feedback on how it compares to your 2013.
First that I know of :) I did not drive it yet...will do that tomorrow.
I plan on taking to the Roadshow next weekend-Sat. Will you be able to drive up?

·
Registered
52 Posts
OMG YOU ARE SOOO LUCKY!! I am STILL waiting for mine from port in LA. Dealer hopes it will be this week! I am DYING waiting for it! I will be bugging them ALL WEEK checking to see if it has arrived. Congrats!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, I'll be in LA for an appointment – posted elsewhere. Not sure if I'll have the stamina for another event.

Be *sure* to get your $500 gift certificate from the roadshow before you sign your contract papers.
Going to need to work on that certificate thing---I asked about it today---BEFORE I did the paperwork. Will see how that works out :-|

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Going to need to work on that certificate thing---I asked about it today---BEFORE I did the paperwork. Will see how that works out :-|

And they told you what... ? If all else fails, have them rewrite the contract. Losing out on $500 would suck.

I checked; my appointment is 6.5 miles from the roadshow. Not bad at all.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And they told you what... ? If all else fails, have them rewrite the contract. Losing out on $500 would suck.

I checked; my appointment is 6.5 miles from the roadshow. Not bad at all.
They have been very very good to me :)
Last smart (2013) had loan at 0.9% After a week I got called in to recheck that and came out with 0.0% -redid ALL the paperwork. MB has not set a deal yet. It will be what ever they say. If I don't like it...I will talk to my bank.

If you make it to the roadshow...look for my hat :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
I can't say this loud and clear enough... YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE IT!! As one of the first owners here in the UK back in April, I can tell you there's no better feeling and it hasn't worn off yet! Having discovered that there actually is something called "Cabby envy" you're going to get plenty of looks. Well done. Enjoy!

·
Registered
19 Posts
"What he said above" ......

Just been without my Cab for a weeks holiday (5 seats needed due to obligatory family visit) , and found myself driving round all week in a boring metal, solid roof, non de-script , generic car wishing that I had disowned my "southern side" of the family and drove down in "Brutus" instead .... still find myself thinking of excuses just to go out for a drive.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts