Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Smarties,

I hit a big chunk of ice/snow on the freeway (the crap that accumulates behind your tires in snowy road conditions) and it broke the plastic underbody part that the bottom of the radiator mounts to, and which covers the bottom 1/3 of the front of the car. After I hit the iceberg (couldn't dodge it due to congested traffic, and it suddenly appearing in front of me), I heard something dragging, but before I could pull off to the side of the road, it broke off and I saw it dissappear in my rearview mirror.

Anyone out there know of the technical description for the part?

If anyone has access to the WIS, could you see if you can get me any info (snapshots of the relevant sections, etc.)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I posted the best pics I could find to my gallery:
Smart'n Off's Images - Smart Car of America Gallery

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I think if you talk to the parts people and tell them your front valance needs to be replaced, they will know what you are talking about.

There is also a front and two side valances in the For Sale section (or there was a couple days ago...)

Good luck.
Timo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
smart fortimo,

Thanks for the help! The valance seems to be ok, the part I need is actually behind the valance, and mounts (I think) to the CMS (crash management system) right behind the valance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts