Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, all... I just moved up from the Florida Panhandle where the Emerald Coast club was pretty active. Is there a group around Nashville or Murfreesboro?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I don't know of a group in this area (I live on the North side of Nashville in Madison) but I see enough smarts around town to think that we could have a successful group if someone wanted to put the time into getting it started.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Greetings, all... I just moved up from the Florida Panhandle where the Emerald Coast club was pretty active. Is there a group around Nashville or Murfreesboro?
I would love to join an ACTIVE Nashville group. I live in Bellevue. Anyone nearby want to help me plan a meetup?

·
Registered
14 Posts
New here, first day. Would love to join a local club if one gets started. Just picked up an 09 Brabus and would like to discuss upgrades.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Barb. I should be up there next weekend. Need anything from home?
are you coming up for the ren fest? it's the last weekend and i was planning to go.

can't think of anything i need, but thanks for the offer :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you!! i just joined the tennessee group and look forward to meeting local owners.

how about the nashville dealership closing 5 days before i got to tennessee? i had figured i'd have to go to birmingham anyway.

we really need to get all the local smarts in one place. i'm in manchester; murfreesboro would be half-way between me and nashville. we can plan by email. anybody want to try getting together in june?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
New here, first day. Would love to join a local club if one gets started. Just picked up an 09 Brabus and would like to discuss upgrades.
hi, papa b. i don't know anyone with a brabus (there is someone in the emerald coast group but i don't remember his name). but i suspect you can find lots of people here to discuss upgrades with.

what kind of upgrades do you want to discuss? i got baby cruise control and the emerald coast guru, kermit's owner alan, installed it for me. made baby the absolute perfect car for me. (poor thing is covered in cicada goo...)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Maybe we should have it at Mercedes Benz of Nashville in Franklin to help them understand how much we need a smart dealership in Nashville? :D

·
Registered
596 Posts
Maybe we should have it at Mercedes Benz of Nashville in Franklin to help them understand how much we need a smart dealership in Nashville? :D
I've had mine over three years now, but don't drive it much (8,100 mi) - saving for retirement. I did go down to Huntsville to a meet and greet with their group and they kick A. They have a lot of events, search them out if you want to do this a lot. BUT the reason I am posting is because if you wanted to do one at M/B Nashville to show them there are a lot of us in middle TN, count me in. Russ

·
Registered
211 Posts
I've had mine over three years now, but don't drive it much (8,100 mi) - saving for retirement. I did go down to Huntsville to a meet and greet with their group and they kick A. They have a lot of events, search them out if you want to do this a lot. BUT the reason I am posting is because if you wanted to do one at M/B Nashville to show them there are a lot of us in middle TN, count me in. Russ
Looks like they already got the message. I work next door to MB of Nashville and when I got to work this morning there was a truck unloading smarts there!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Thanks for that update, whew, now I don't have to drive to Knoxville. But then again in three years I have only been there twice. Once to pick it up and once a couple months later for a shift recall.

·
Registered
14 Posts
so does this mean MB Nashville is going to service them and open a dealership? I was planning to visit Knoxville soon for service and to look into installing a few upgrades and I would sure like to do it here.

·
Registered
211 Posts
so does this mean MB Nashville is going to service them and open a dealership? I was planning to visit Knoxville soon for service and to look into installing a few upgrades and I would sure like to do it here.
I walked over to MB Nashville on my lunch break and spoke with someone in their service department. I asked when they would start servicing smarts and his response was "Good question".

Apparently they will be selling and servicing smarts at MB Nashville but at this time they are still getting things set up and they are waiting on a few things to come in from Mercedes North America. The service adviser I spoke to said they hoped to know something around June 1st but it sounds like we will have a new smart dealership up and running very soon!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I walked over to MB Nashville on my lunch break and spoke with someone in their service department. I asked when they would start servicing smarts and his response was "Good question".

Apparently they will be selling and servicing smarts at MB Nashville but at this time they are still getting things set up and they are waiting on a few things to come in from Mercedes North America. The service adviser I spoke to said they hoped to know something around June 1st but it sounds like we will have a new smart dealership up and running very soon!
Do you think they would be interested in sponsoring an event to get to know all of the smart owners in the area? If not, we could still plan a rally nearby and notify the media. I'm sure it would be picked up by the Tennessean and local TV news if they knew about it. Would you be interested in contacting them again to ask?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Do you think they would be interested in sponsoring an event to get to know all of the smart owners in the area? If not, we could still plan a rally nearby and notify the media. I'm sure it would be picked up by the Tennessean and local TV news if they knew about it. Would you be interested in contacting them again to ask?
I think this is a great idea and I think it would be a wonderful way for MB of Nashville to help get the word out that they are the new smart dealer in town. I would love to help but I am in a bit of a quandary with this one. You see I work in sales at Hallmark Volkswagen which is right next door to MB of Nashville and I am afraid that if I helped get anything that might look like a promotional event going for another dealership that I might have to start looking for another job. While I think I could sell smarts as well as anyone they would probably want me to sell Mercedes as well and I'm just not a big fan of Mercedes cars and so I probably need to try and keep my current job :eek:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think this is a great idea and I think it would be a wonderful way for MB of Nashville to help get the word out that they are the new smart dealer in town. I would love to help but I am in a bit of a quandary with this one. You see I work in sales at Hallmark Volkswagen which is right next door to MB of Nashville and I am afraid that if I helped get anything that might look like a promotional event going for another dealership that I might have to start looking for another job. While I think I could sell smarts as well as anyone they would probably want me to sell Mercedes as well and I'm just not a big fan of Mercedes cars and so I probably need to try and keep my current job :eek:
Good point! Thanks so much for what you have done so far. I'll give them a call after June 1 and see what I can do.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a few contacts at MB. Bill Hudson, the service manager was my first service advisor back in the day and his wife and kids still shop with me at my job. I have also been in contact with one of their sales guys about picking up something newer for my wife. He might be a good contact.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts