Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

If you are electricurious these are great events to kick some tires and learn from real owners without that salesperson pressure. Some marques (BMW) may even offer test drives?

Our MY15 smart ED was the star (few in the non-CARB wilds) of the two events that we attended in CLT NC last year!

·
Registered
18 Posts
So I checked for a venue that I can drive to, and the only one that is close enough is in White Plains NY, but it is for NY power authority employees only. Bummer!

·
Premium Member
7,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The local smart Centers around the country should be clued in and urged to be represented.
The same smart Centers that no longer have showrooms nor a dedicated sales staff?

Sounds like a job for smartUSA but that's another story...

·
Super Moderator
1,568 Posts
I'm debating on whether I will go to the Wilmington, NC event. I can get there on a full charge, but would need to plug it in before I can make it home. Not sure if they will have a charging point there or not - waiting for an answer. The other issue is that it is only scheduled for an hour. No Smart dealers within three hours, so no representation from them.

Len
2014 EV

·
Premium Member
7,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
National Drive Electric Week Event - BUMP!

BUMP from Charlotte, NC 2015 . . .

It’s official. This year, National Drive Electric Week—September 10-18—will be the largest celebration of EVs ever assembled—more than 210 locations in nearly every state and Canadian province. Come join us!

Don’t miss your chance to celebrate EVs, get educated, or share your EV knowledge with more than 100,000 other people, learning why we love to #DriveElectric .

About National Drive Electric Week
Plug In America, Sierra Club, and the Electric Auto Association serve as the national team providing support to the events throughout the country. We are pleased to partner with many other organizations and individuals working to bring the 6th annual National Drive Electric Week to communities near you. Nissan LEAF is the national automotive sponsor, and supporters include silver sponsor CalETC and media sponsor PlugShare.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts