Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

This is the Spot Light flash light! These little billet aluminum flashlights are about the size of a cigarette lighter for your car. They are rechargeable by just simply plugging them in in-place of your cigarette lighter. There is a faint red glow that will let you know when it is charging.

The flashlights are incredibly bright LED lights with visibility up to 90 feet !
They are very well crafted with a "High Tech" in look and feel, these are not (chepo) lights. These Spot Light flash lights are available in 10 vibrant anodized colors.

*race car red
*hazard county orange
*taxi yellow
*gremlin green
*lil mule blue
*pink caddy
*pimp purple
*phantom silver
*time machine titanium
*jet black

You can get one now for $20.00 and that includes the shipping!
These aren't up on my site yet so just PM me or send me an e-mail to [email protected] just tell me what color you want and your E-mail address and I can send you a money request through Paypal. Or you can call 248-318-2136 pay by credit card.

Genius Parts special July and August, order an armrest or exhaust system and get a spotlight free!! This applies weather you buy a product from me or one of my retailers

·
Registered
2017 Passion Coupe
3,552 Posts
It's a nice looking product. Have you actually received them and verified they work in the Smart? I'd hate to have to get a "fit clip" or adapter after getting the light.

Ni-MH battery, sourced from a Michigan company... but manufactured in China like everything else?

Excellent price. Expect an email once you answer fit and where manufactured.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, the first time I ever saw one of these was in a Smart Car, it fit great! no adapters or anything like that. I have a ton of these in all colors in-hand and ready to ship

·
Registered
9,036 Posts
...correct me if I'm wrong...the smart cig-lighter has no constant power...
...losse power few minutes after shut down...on again at position 1...new cycle

jetfuel

·
Registered
2017 Passion Coupe
3,552 Posts
So it only recharges when your car is on. Sounds right. Sounds fine. NiMH batteries don't self-discharge like NiCd so the charge should last for weeks without power.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I took a few of these out of the packages and god only knows how long they have been in there, months I would guess. Anyway, they shine bright as can be right out of the box, I would say they hold a charge pretty darn good.

They say 120+ minutes per charge, fully charges in 7 hours

P.S. package says made in China.....but I will vouch for the quality, A+ If for some reason you don't like it I will take it back with a full refund, no questions asked

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
can you take a pic of the flashlight illuminating the inside of the car? I'd like to see the spread in the dark.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This picture is with me standing on the outside of the car with a light that I never even charged and a shop that isn't all the way dark.:)

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Thanks for the picture. That looks great. One more question. When not in use, what is the recommended storage? Can it be left plugged into the cigarette lighter? Or should it stored elsewhere?

·
Registered
2017 Passion Coupe
3,552 Posts
There should be no harm whatsoever leaving it in the cigarette lighter. When the car's off, there's no current draw since the lighter is unpowered. Whenever you drive the battery gets topped off. Modern chargers have the battery chemistry in mind to limit current or voltage so the battery is happy.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Looking at that last picture it looks like you have to gut the interior to install. Way to labor intensive for just a flashlight.:]

·
Registered
2017 Passion Coupe
3,552 Posts
I just figured the flashlight was so powerful that it had an X-ray effect, seeing through such "wimpy" materials as the seats.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Also available at Wally-World

Nothing against Capitalism here ----- but I found a very similar rechargeable light at Walmart. Think it was $6 or 7 bucks. Pretty bright light but no fancy colors..........

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey guys, I am stuck in the land of no cell phone signal and dial up internet until Monday. I will get all of the orders taken care of then. Sorry about the hold up

·
Registered
2017 Passion Coupe
3,552 Posts
I just got the flashlight and am very impressed.

When in the Smart's lighter (power port) the LED will glow red when the ignition is on; it'll be good to see how well that illuminates the cup holders!

The brightness is outrageous compared to another "9 led" flashlight I have for general use. You can see from this quick, bad video that the two just don't compare:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts